Thread: Did John Cox

Did John Cox

Make all three championships
    NPFLA
    redcrest
    Classic
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I think so.

3. Member
    Dang still no FFS transducer?? :)

4. Member
    I thought I read at some point that the John Cox fishing the NPFL wasn't the same one fishing BASS and MLF. Is that not correct?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    I thought I read at some point that the John Cox fishing the NPFL wasn't the same one fishing BASS and MLF. Is that not correct?
    There are (2) John Cox's that fish. One from Ga and the one from Fla. They both fished the NPFL, but John Cox from GA is not fishing the NPFL this year.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

6. Member
    For sure... THE John Cox definitely fished the NPFL championship on Amistad and Redcrest, and is listed at the classic. He did not fish the BPTs last year but did qualify for Redcrest via a win in TW Invitational last year at lake of the Ozarks. The dudes a beast.

7. Member
    I think it was a year ago or so he was still not using a
    spot lock trolling motor and had no transducer in the front of the boat. If he can pull off great finishes without doing the Forward facing sonar he is a real legend

Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    I think it was a year ago or so he was still not using a
    spot lock trolling motor and had no transducer in the front of the boat. If he can pull off great finishes without doing the Forward facing sonar he is a real legend
    Pictures posted today of the the Classic practice shows he is still rockin a Fortrex. He does have a graph up front but still no live sonar. He a true OG.

John Cox found a combination that works for him (apparently). If he decides to move to a spotlock TM and FFS I’m sure most of the other competitors response will “Well $h!+, Game Over”.
    Or, maybe he won’t trade in his current setup, because he’s been kicking everybody’s a$$ on a regular basis without a change.
    Use what works for you.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    John Cox found a combination that works for him (apparently). If he decides to move to a spotlock TM and FFS I’m sure most of the other competitors response will “Well $h!+, Game Over”.
    Or, maybe he won’t trade in his current setup, because he’s been kicking everybody’s a$$ on a regular basis without a change.
    Use what works for you.
    ^^^^ this
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

11. #FRB
    He seems like a great guy. The KISS method seems to work for him. Fewer distractions that way anyway.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

12. Member
    I am pretty sure he even went to a smaller boat this year?
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadsc View Post
    I am pretty sure he even went to a smaller boat this year?
    Yes that is correct...I recall hearing him talk about it on BASS Live at Lake Fork. I don't recall the exact size of the boat but I'm thinking it was 19ft or possibly 20ft but I'm thinking 19. I do remember he said it has a 200 Mercury. His reason for downsizing was for a more shallow draft and easier maneuverability. Cox is all in on the KISS method (Keep It Stupid Simple). He is 100% all about being practical and not overthinking things and working his strengths. The vast majority of time this would be a kiss of death on a level like he plays (Elite, BPT,NPFL and other high stakes entry fee tournaments) but yet he somehow makes it profitable for him. After all he is the ONLY angler fishing the top 3 level championships this year. He left the NPFL championship to go to the Redcrest and left there to compete in the Classic. ol Cox and his happy go lucky keep it simple attitude is what makes him a blast to watch.