Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    Bad watercraft/boat drivers are everywhere in todays world. Just this pass weekend, I had a boat come across my track while I was under power and had the right away. My speed was around 55mph. He crossed my track with less than 75 yards separation. This was in the middle of the lake. I had to come off my throttle basically to avoid him. He never checked up. People do not know basic rules of the road. Worst one to me is the simple rule of "port to port" when two boats are meeting.
    You can be a bad driver and never have this happen, plenty of bad drivers still follow some basic deals like observing no wake zones, not running in fog, not running wot at night etc. This is about stupid people doing stupid things.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Originally Posted by gaston13
    At some point information will come out as to what caused the collision. I just hope no one was killed or severely injured. For sure speed was a factor unless someone had a blackout incident.

Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    It's not rocket science, when a boat drives over the top of another boat in a no wake zone I think anyone with any sense knows what happened.

Thank You
    Last edited by Hoot; 03-21-2024 at 10:10 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I was mistaken, looks like Roger Phillips weight was from yesterday, not today.

Anyway, my buddy got back to me and wasn't sure if Succi was DQ'd or not, but did say he should have been. Succi currently DFL with no weight, but no DQ tag either. Bass typically will put status on results whether DQ, or WD, or whatever - not sure if MFL does.
    MLF doesn't put that tag, it will just show as a zero and and the amount of fish they had in () if they weighed any in. They dqed a boater I had in a bfl last year but let me keep my weight.

4. Member
    If they have boaters who drop out and or get dqed or something they will put 2 cos with 1 boater, I had that happen at the regional last year. It sucks but at least you still get to fish. It will show on pairings who you were originally supposed to fish with, not how you ended up with though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose21 View Post
    If they have boaters who drop out and or get dqed or something they will put 2 cos with 1 boater, I had that happen at the regional last year. It sucks but at least you still get to fish. It will show on pairings who you were originally supposed to fish with, not how you ended up with though.
    That sounds like a cluster. Three anglers and two live wells

6. Member
    There was another wreck today. Just one boat involved though.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

"The handicapped angler"

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post

That reminds me of Psychonelli’s boat sitting up on shore and one of his fans posting about what a great job of boat driving he did in missing the trees.

Evidently Tournament Fishermen aren’t the Matt Kenseth’s of Bass Boat Driving as once stated by a Pro Fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I think he's sponsored by a Prop builder. It may need a little balancing and polishing.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by june-bug View Post
    That sounds like a cluster. Three anglers and two live wells
    Can you imagine having 2 potlicking beggar cos in boat at one time

Wearing their home-made wannabe jerseys, carrying Wal-Mart Rods and boxes of Mighty-Bite and Helicopter lures, while quoting 1990s Bill Dance videos, for hours on end.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Way too many pages to get caught up on this, but I have two questions that have probably been answered.
    1. Was anyone injured and if so what is their status?
    2. If the boat driver was on plane in a No Wake zone, isn’t the co-angler required to report the rules violation to the tournament director? At least I believe they would be under BASS rules.

13. Member
    What a lot of people who are the general public don’t understand is that.When you are a pro athlete and million dollar pay days are on the line.You go balls out for the win.If this hey came in late his reputation would go down the drain.Pictire all the new outfits waiting at the ramp,the paparazzi,fans,georgous models,etc seeing Mr pro bass fisherman getting DQ.Cant blame him one bit

Quote Originally Posted by TNsmalliesfan View Post
    What a lot of people who are the general public don’t understand is that.When you are a pro athlete and million dollar pay days are on the line.You go balls out for the win.If this hey came in late his reputation would go down the drain.Pictire all the new outfits waiting at the ramp,the paparazzi,fans,georgous models,etc seeing Mr pro bass fisherman getting DQ.Cant blame him one bit
    Even the twelvth place guy could steal your girlfriend while you did the walk of shame back to your truck after a DQ.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    The rate of population growth in the U.S. in recent decades is pretty low, bouncing around 0.2-0.5% annually. A more likely effect is from redistribution of the population and a greater number of retirees who can fish whenever they wish.
    Correct, our population growth has slowed substantially, thankfully. I was talking about more long term growth of population vs available acres of recreational water...like over the last 60 years or so. Population has increased substantially, but the rate of building reservoirs hasn't kept up.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Both trying to get to that pipe?
    That what I was thinking .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Wearing their home-made wannabe jerseys, carrying Wal-Mart Rods and boxes of Mighty-Bite and Helicopter lures, while quoting 1990s Bill Dance videos, for hours on end.
    I've encountered this wannabe scenario a lot more commonly on the boater side of things than with the Co's. Especially at the Open level. It's literally 90 percent of them.

18. Member
    Fished as a co for many years. Not sure what this means. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Fished as a co for many years. Not sure what this means. Please explain.
    https://stoppotlicking.com/

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Ahh...I guess if they had time to, they would. Most of them aren't trying to fish for a living. In my case, probably won't ever be back at that lake either. Just hoping to have a decent day with a decent guy, and learn a little from someone that gets to fish more than me. Glad the vast majority of boaters I've drawn over the years had more character than that.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast