Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Of all the things to steal

Someone stole my trash can at the end of the road yesterday.

Do your trash people use the garbage truck that has the grappler arm that grabs the can and dumps it over the top? I had one disappear one time and come to find out it slipped out of the grappler and fell into the garbage truck...never to be seen again. Had to file a dang police report before the county would even replace it.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    Windy yesterday?

Check your neighbor's curb next week.

You sure you remembered to take the garbage out, and it's not still sitting at your garage?

No my neighbors is missing too. We share a driveway. I called the town today and they said they would order me a new one. My dad thinks somebody stole it to get bank or credit card info. If they did I hope they enjoy going through cat shit.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    No my neighbors is missing too. We share a driveway. I called the town today and they said they would order me a new one. My dad thinks somebody stole it to get bank or credit card info. If they did I hope they enjoy going through cat shit.
    My guess is they took yours after they were emptied so they wouldn't have to deal with the town to get theirs replaced
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Windy yesterday?

Hope the cat crap got 'em, juice.
    Who controls John Gill?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    My guess is they took yours after they were emptied so they wouldn't have to deal with the town to get theirs replaced
    I'm guessing that they are scratching the numbers off, or buying new stickers as we speak
    What a joke! Just like the recycling BS.

9. Member
    A strong east wind and high tide will take ours from the street!! Pretty sure that’s probably not what happened to yours tho!!

Make sure to attach a $20 Air Tag to your $14 replacement can, so the long arm of the law can find the next one that disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Make sure to attach a $20 Air Tag to your $14 replacement can, so the long arm of the law can find the next one that disappears.
    It would be worth it to catch a thief. I can’t stand a thief. Probably the same person that stole my mail one time.

12. Member
    It would be worth it to catch a thief. I can’t stand a thief. Probably the same person that stole my mail one time.
    The real thief is the garbage collection service itself for saddling you with those containers to begin with
    Last edited by BillsFan; 03-19-2024 at 09:02 PM.

I'm with you 100% there.

You could always hire a watchguard.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Replacement cans around my way are around $80 dollars. Same thing happened to my can and the grappler. Only left my wheels behind but can was gone. Sanitation company denied all responsibility and tried to say someone stole it and left the wheels. I was going to put them on blast for what they did as I have cameras but for some reason the glare that day prevented my camera from capturing it.

15. Member
    A friend had a 'porta-potty' stolen several years ago. The company never found it.

Think of it this way
    Someone else needed your trash can more then you
    So You get to buy a nice shiney, clean trash can

It happens

17. Member
    My garbage pick up guy decided to do only the upper half of our street and when I call the trash company they said I didn’t have my garbage out in time and they would be around again next week. I told them the can is full and I pay for weekly pick up not by-weekly pickup. I also told them I have 3 cameras to prove the driver is lying. A different truck showed up late in the day and picked up my garbage and all the neighbors that were also skipped by the lying sanitation engineer driver.

18. Member
    A co workers trash can disappeared but was returned after a couple of days. Not sure what happened.

19. Member
    I live in a rural area with no city provider to pick up trash. A lot of people complain about it, but I love it. There are 5-6 private companies that offer pickup in my area. If one company continually misses pickups, Jack's their price, etc.....I fire em and change providers. The company I use today runs small trucks and they come up the driveway to get the cans.

20. Member
    If plastic, who knows but I know in a neighboring township where they use tin cans, people were stealing them for scrap recycling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast