Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
  1. Member
    If it’s helping to catch fish? Folks gona use it. Catching not fishing. Fishing is good but catching is great. If not fishing because someone has ffs and you don’t well that’s a personal decision. Some will try to beat the ffs guys with old school methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Was the source for these stats the Randy Blauket comment section?
    Here ya go scooter....

https://news.yahoo.com/report-says-ai-could-potentially-203330619.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/oxfo...by-2030-2019-7
    “Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching—even when doing the wrong thing is legal.” —Unknown

3. Member
    Real question is where are we gonna come up with people for 12 million excess jobs, champ

In all seriousness I'm not worried at all. Automation isn't cheap, and AI isn't really good at producing much outside of writing and badly rendered images. If you can be replaced by either you need to work on your skills.

The World Economic Forum suggests that AI will replace 85 million jobs across the globe by 2025.
    Additionally, the organization’s “The Future of Jobs Report 2020″ suggests that the technology will also create 97 million new jobs within the next few years​R
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Probably 50% of the human population will not or cannot adapt to the coming tech. Some will refuse and be left behind. I don't believe the Crappie, Bass, Musky will be to adapt and avoid anglers. Where is there a place they can escape it?
    Nature evolves but not that fast. The fish will adapt argument is B/S. If the older pros have a second career they better head that way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    They need to ban anyone that’s too lazy to use FFS. Watching a guy throwing at a lay down with a spinnerbait for hours on end is what’s boring. Let’s use an example of boring: the guys at Fork that didn’t catch crap, that’s the definition of BORING. Watching the kid catch 100+ pounds, was NOT BORING.
    Not everyone thinks that way. That’s your opinion and plenty of people don’t agree with it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Not everyone thinks that way. That’s your opinion and plenty of people don’t agree with it.
    Yea, people like different things, go figure. As for me the most enjoyable watching this year has been Tak going down the bank with his chatterbait.

7. Member
    Plenty of people do though and its not just in fishing. Pro sports in general are changing the rules to see more scoring and more action.

8. Member

Record views says otherwise.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Yea, people like different things, go figure. As for me the most enjoyable watching this year has been Tak going down the bank with his chatterbait.

By far…

10. Member
    I don’t love watching it. But I’m a bass fishing fan and no way I’m not watching a February tournament on TB and fork. When those 5-6 pounders turn into 2-3 pounders, I think you’ll see a difference in numbers.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I don’t love watching it. But I’m a bass fishing fan and no way I’m not watching a February tournament on TB and fork. When those 5-6 pounders turn into 2-3 pounders, I think you’ll see a difference in numbers.
    Viewership typically slides downhill from the classic every year. This is the rare “sport” where a huge percentage of viewers are busy on the weekend participating in their own fishing. I know for myself once the weather turns nice I’m not likely to watch much live outside of occasionally in the background at work.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    I understand it, use it, do well with it. However, I completely understand why some people hate it. It’s an absolute necessity in many places to compete. You can catch fish the same ways as ever, but you rarely will compete.

I’ve said this before, I don’t hate the tech it’s just made me highly apathetic toward fishing tournaments on many of my local highland impoundments. Looking for them with FFS is the winning pattern virtually every time with the exception of a few spawn tourneys. Thats fine but it’s not why I’ve always loved bass fishing. I love the versatility in competition and, many places I fish, it’s not real varied anymore. Occasionally someone wins without it, but I can count on one hand how many times that happened last year locally.

I know not all lakes are like that but I’ve literally fished an entire fall/winter and early spring this year with one tactic to compete and so had the entire field that’s doing well. I think there is more that don’t like it because it’s so dominant more than anything. I know not every place is like that. But if you fish deep clear water, if you don’t go chase em with a scope, you gonna get your head mashed in lol.

Even some of the hammers here locally have expressed apathy toward how dominant looking at them with scope is. It’s cool and I have fun with it, but I’d be kidding myself if I didn’t say it dominated everything near me. I used to have blinders on about it, but it’s not just a tool. It’s THE tool in some places. Everyone responds differently when they realize it I think

I have actually skipped tournaments lately because I just wanted to fish haha, I think that’s kind of a weird place to be as someone who has loved tournament fishing for so long. But that’s just me, I know everyone is different

Apathy is a good description. 33 years of looking forward to the competing is dwindling fast. I think the point that people are not grasping is that the FFS has formed its own legion. Its not about fear of change or being too lazy its about having the game taken over by a legion. The game is no longer the same. The game that I played is gone. I agree with Castledine when he stated that as he grew into being a proficient angler he only had to beat the competition. I felt the same way. The legion of the FFS has usurped the game. Its as plain as that. I choose not to bow to a screen. IMO the cat is out of the bag and the game I played is long gone. I have no desire to conform. The screen has turned the old game into a farce.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 03-21-2024 at 10:09 AM.

No it doesn’t. My point is people like to watch different things and they have different opinions on what is exciting.

14. Member
    No it doesn’t. My point is people like to watch different things and they have different opinions on what is exciting.

and your view is in the minority, might not be on here because most are older. Nobody would have even been talking about the TB or Fork tournament, had it been the ol’ cast and chunk at nothing. Snoozefest and people would have been saying, “those lakes are dead”. Instead, it proves that the old way doesn’t work anymore and it’s a borrriing to watch.

15. Member
    If the whole field has FFS, then it's a level playing field, just a different one than most are used to.

and your view is in the minority, might not be on here because most are older. Nobody would have even been talking about the TB or Fork tournament, had it been the ol’ cast and chunk at nothing. Snoozefest and people would have been saying, “those lakes are dead”. Instead, it proves that the old way doesn’t work anymore and it’s a borrriing to watch.
    So you think ffs is the only way to catch them on those lakes? Yes it was the best way. Take away ffs and the weights would still be high. Obviously not that high but they would have found a way to catch them. I doubt I’m in the minority. Yes I tuned in and watched some but got bored with it. I’m sure there were a lot of people like me whose views were counted but doesn’t mean all viewers enjoyed what they watched. Just because you have high views doesn’t mean everyone enjoys watching ffs fishing.

17. Member
    Dustin is on the way to take the extra spot
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

18. Member
    How old are you?

19. Member
    So you think ffs is the only way to catch them on those lakes? Yes it was the best way. Take away ffs and the weights would still be high. Obviously not that high but they would have found a way to catch them. I doubt I’m in the minority. Yes I tuned in and watched some but got bored with it. I’m sure there were a lot of people like me whose views were counted but doesn’t mean all viewers enjoyed what they watched. Just because you have high views doesn’t mean everyone enjoys watching ffs fishing.
    You hit the nail on the head, people want to see the best way to catch big fish. Right now FFS is that way and people are watching and learning. We may see grand lake show us that the bank isnt what people thought it was and FFS continue to show a fish population people only thought existed until technology showed us that they were there

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    How old are you?

I’ll round up to 47 and yes, I’d rather watch them broadcast the anglers screen on the tv, than to watch a guy throwing at stumps all day while catching nothing. Seeing the fish on the graph, the angler throwing his bait out to the fish and seeing how the fish reacts to the bait, is more exciting than seeing absolutely nothing.

If they were catching 10-15lbs on average at Fork, using the “old” method. Would it have been exciting to you?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast