Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    The good ole' sky is falling US of A!
    It is for the 33k families about to lose their home. I'm going see what March looks like when the numbers come out next month, I bet it's no better and actually gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Hill View Post
    What happens when all the free money drys up. 3 Trillion dollar give away biggest mistake ever made to the US economy.
    I would like some of the free money how does one acquire it?

Are their stats on foreclosure based on primary residence vs commercial ventures/rentals/airbnbs?

4. Member
    You can give a monkey a bag of 50’s and he won’t know what to do with them no mor3 then someone who hasn’t learned and prepared

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Lots of people are house poor. Only way they could get a house in the past 3-4 years was to overpay and it stretched them out way too thin. Corporations like Blackrock have screwed the housing market for generations. It's a sad state of affairs when an up and coming family can't afford to purchase a starter home because a corporation outbids them or has the leverage to pay cash in full. If we had politicians that were worth anything they would regulate this but they are being paid off so they do nothing about it.
    Amen.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    My friend 88 can find the most un-biased sources......
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

7. Member
    I'd say most foreclosures are the result of poor money management. Banks don't just foreclose because of a missed payment or two. They will bend over backwards to try and help the homeowner keep their home. Some cases the homeowner wants out of the agreement even if it hurts their credit.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I'd say most foreclosures are the result of poor money management. Banks don't just foreclose because of a missed payment or two. They will bend over backwards to try and help the homeowner keep their home. Some cases the homeowner wants out of the agreement even if it hurts their credit.
    Banks can't control anything. Especially if the government steps in.That's why they have insurance and squatters.
    Middle guy gets another beat down.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    No doubt about that ,,, they tightened up lending regs greatly and they needed to for damn sure after the 08 mess,,,, I will say this whole market just feels weird to me ,,, I know what it should look like and it does not ,,, sooner or later the ice has to break below our feet and we will see what is really below
    I am trying to wrap my head around it. It’s not sub prime but something seems off and I’m unable to figure what.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    I am trying to wrap my head around it. It’s not sub prime but something seems off and I’m unable to figure what.
    Dollars and cents is all ya need to know

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Dollars and cents is all ya need to know
    Yah right now it looks like $1+$1= $3 People are buying houses at 300k that only last days on the market. Average household income I this area is 150k at best. Couple cars, a kid or two in day-care, education loan…. How are they leveraging that?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    Yah right now it looks like $1+$1= $3 People are buying houses at 300k that only last days on the market. Average household income I this area is 150k at best. Couple cars, a kid or two in day-care, education loan…. How are they leveraging that?
    And still some might lose everything.
    How do you fix that?

13. Member
    Meh, most ( NOT ALL) of these people deserve to lose their home due to poor money management and lifestyle creep, needing the latest this or that, eating out all the time etc.

This is the real state of the union. We're worried about FFS regulations when what we really need to worry about is something to make it possible for a young family to purchase a place to live.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTR21 View Post
    This is the real state of the union. We're worried about FFS regulations when what we really need to worry about is something to make it possible for a young family to purchase a place to live.
    I'm pretty sure that most don't give a shit about FFS.

16. Member
    Taxes went up by about $150 a month in the neighborhood we built a house for my MIL in and there are people seriously considering a move because they can't afford the adjustment in their monthly mortgage. It's gonna get pretty ugly I'm afraid.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    I did very well buying properties after the crash in 2008,,, I'm set so not going to worry about it this round ,, ,,, if you have the money to invest and can wait till it swings then you should make money ,, but will have to say this market just feels all weird for some reason ,,
    Something is propping this economy up, and I just don't see any reason for it. I think you're right about the ice breaking and when it does, all the little guys will get stuck with the bill again while the big money rides off into the sunset with all the spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    Boat Carpet. I bought from BassCat for my boat. Very very happy.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    WOW. Is it poor money management when someone buys a home and at the time it is bought they can afford it but then over the years there are property tax increases way higher than then they should be, insurance rates almost double for vehicles, food costs skyrocketing, medical, gas, utilities, and the lists goes on? Guy at work had his property taxes go up by $2K in a year, and when he tried to fight it by showing comparisons he was told "If you don't like it then move" by the county. Yeah...poor money management is the issue.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    WOW. Is it poor money management when someone buys a home and at the time it is bought they can afford it but then over the years there are property tax increases way higher than then they should be, insurance rates almost double for vehicles, food costs skyrocketing, medical, gas, utilities, and the lists goes on? Guy at work had his property taxes go up by $2K in a year, and when he tried to fight it by showing comparisons he was told "If you don't like it then move" by the county. Yeah...poor money management is the issue.
    Sounds like they bought more house than they could really afford. Vehicles too. Sure I’d like a fancy brick 2 story home 2500 square foot & a nice Tahoe in the driveway but I don’t. Sure I could qualify for the loans, but I live within my means. Most here would laugh at the idea of driving around a 30 year old s10 pickup and living in a 1600 sq ft vinyl siding home. But then I’m not here complaining because a hamburger cost $10 either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast