RIDE latest greatest?

Hello, looking to buy a new 2023 520R. I've read some threads about issues with the RIDE system. My questions.

Is there a recall from Ranger for a hardware replacement?
    What is the latest firmware version?

I want to make sure dealer has addressed these.

Thanks

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dam1960 View Post
    Hello, looking to buy a new 2023 520R. I've read some threads about issues with the RIDE system. My questions.

Is there a recall from Ranger for a hardware replacement?
    What is the latest firmware version?

I want to make sure dealer has addressed these.

Thanks
    Yes, there's a replacement/wiring harness upgrade for the Ride system.

I'm not sure of the latest software version, last I can remember was like 2.07 or 2.08.

I'm currently running the older 2.03 software version and everything is functioning as it should so I'm not updating it right now.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    Thank you, is the software customer up gradable or dealer only?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dam1960 View Post
    Thank you, is the software customer up gradable or dealer only?
    You can do it yourself
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    You can do it yourself
    I'm not sure this is correct. While you may be able to update the software by yourself, i believe the dealer needs to update the entire ride system if the boat is a pre 2024?

I can say on my 2024 520r my ride system works perfectly so far, everything functions exactly as it should!

6. Member
    Are you referring to the replacement/wiring harness upgrade for the Ride system that "22RangerZ520R" mentioned above that needs to be replaced by dealer?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    I'm not sure this is correct. While you may be able to update the software by yourself, i believe the dealer needs to update the entire ride system if the boat is a pre 2024?

I can say on my 2024 520r my ride system works perfectly so far, everything functions exactly as it should!
    sounds correct but he asked about software not hardware
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

8. Member
    While I’ve complained multiple times about my RIDE system, I finally have hope. I’ve received 2 calls from Ranger over the last two days telling me everything they are doing to fix my issues. Also, Dixie Marine is the best Ranger dealer I have ever dealt with. If you live around the Cincinnati area and want top shelf service, this is the dealer to get it.

They did say they were replacing the start/ignition switch and fobs. Everything else was configurations/software issues or that’s what they told me. Really excited to get my boat back and have it fixed. I’m jealous of all of you that don’t get 10 alarms every time you take your boat out.

9. Member
    I had my ride system replaced. My only complaint is that it takes a long time to boot up and allow the engine to crank, so don’t think you are going to press the fob and then immediately crank the motor while being dumped off the trailer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    sounds correct but he asked about software not hardware
    He very clearly asked in the original post if there is a hardware update, which there is, that can only be done at the dealership.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    He very clearly asked in the original post if there is a hardware update, which there is, that can only be done at the dealership.
    I did read that wrong several times. Lol.
    MAGA