2018 Alpha 211 - Power Pole Mounting Advice

Have a set of 8' blades coming in to mount on my jackplate, and I already have the correct brackets. Looking for some advice/pictures on correct bracket mounting position/height. Trying to avoid sliding them up and down the jackplate after getting them torqued down if possible. Any feed back appreciated.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

Usually there are only two predrilled holes on each side of a jackplate for mounting anchor brackets.

3. Member
    I have a slide master jackplate, the appropriate PP brackets allow a fairly large range of vertical mounting positions. I'll likely just set it where I think it should be and go from there. Lot's of variables

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

You’re right, lots of variables and with boat performance not being exactly the same output, even in like-boats. Unfortunately there’s no right answer and it may be a matter of experimenting to get optimal height. I guess you could set the height in the aspect of, set higher = less drag & lose a few inches from anchoring depth, or set lower = more drag & achieve most optimal anchoring depth.

I have Raptors and fortunately they take the guesswork out. One hole is set, and the other hole is adjustable to line up with the mounting holes of the jackplate.

Good luck!

5. Member
    Does anyone know of a good electronics mount for the center console for a 12” screen to particular brand, on a 2013 legend
    alpha 199???