Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Bassin 74. Some people don’t realize HB actually repairs units whenever possible. I think the replacement with new units was only because the lack of electronic parts due to the Covid years. I would guess that was only a temporary situation. Bob
    Hi Bob. Strange, it turns out it was a repair for 400, and not a replacement with a new unit. Hm. It’s bad that the plant doesn’t talk about this deal in advance. I'm surprised and would rather give it up.
    Last edited by navi; 04-09-2024 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    Hi Bob. Strange, it turns out it was a repair for 400, and not a replacement with a new unit. Hm. It’s bad that the plant doesn’t talk about this deal in advance. I'm surprised and would rather give it up.
    Nothing strange about it and is no "deal". The flat rate repair charge gets you a functioning unit back whether it is your repaired or a replacement.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    Did your read proceedure on the site. Do you think they should update that unit to new for $400? You sound like it is some kind of problem! If you would have included my entire post where I mentioned is a better deal than you get with the other folks. The give you a 10% off on a new unit. The $400 is only a small percentage of what a new unit costs. With the other guys you would be SOL with your broken unit or would have to buy new instead. Think about it! Its a darn good deal. If it is on the repair list and they choose not to repair it they either won’t charge you or they will replace it for the same money.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    Yes, my Solix SI right side would not show anywhere near what the left side would and by this I mean I would go down the bank looking on the left side and see everything, turn around go down the same bank same distance never touch my settings and the right side would even come close to showing what the left side did. HB said send video. I did and they sent a new transducer. Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Did your read proceedure on the site. Do you think they should update that unit to new for $400? You sound like it is some kind of problem! If you would have included my entire post where I mentioned is a better deal than you get with the other folks. The give you a 10% off on a new unit. The $400 is only a small percentage of what a new unit costs. With the other guys you would be SOL with your broken unit or would have to buy new instead. Think about it! Its a darn good deal. If it is on the repair list and they choose not to repair it they either won’t charge you or they will replace it for the same money.
    I don't mind a new $400 unit.
    I am against repairing an old unit for $400 with a 90 day warranty. If this happened and one of the halves of the side beams failed randomly, then there is no guarantee that this will not happen again next season. There is a very high probability if the transducer remained the same and was not replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Nothing strange about it and is no "deal". The flat rate repair charge gets you a functioning unit back whether it is your repaired or a replacement.
    I haven’t heard about the factory restoring broken units for a long time, so I was surprised.
    Last edited by navi; 04-09-2024 at 07:09 AM.

6. Member
    Not sure where your world is, but companies don’t replace broken units if they are not under the warranty. If they do while under warranty it is because they don’t repair anything or it can’t be fixed. In the world of repair 90 days is a standard warranty. If it runs that long they did their job well. What happens when your car is out of warranty and it breaks? Do they give you a new one for (lets say)$4000. Or if they fix your engine, How long is it warrantied? Also If HB gave you a new unit it would only have a 90 warranty if your old one was replaced
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12