2008 Champion 200 elite - Installing new seats

I bought new seats from bassboatseats.com and will need to drill new holes for these seats. The screws for the old seats came out and it seems hollow under the seating platform but I want to make completely sure. I thought the gas tank (or part of it) was located under the seating platform. I couldn't find a boat diagram online, any issues with doing this?
    2008 Champion 200 Elite / 225 ProXs

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I hope someone will be along. I do think the gas tank is L shaped with part under the seats.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    I hope someone will be along. I do think the gas tank is L shaped with part under the seats.
    Thanks Lea. I did find other threads here and on the FB Champion pages with pictures. I used the original seating bolts and drove them down with a screwdriver and determined I have about an inch to play with until I hit the gas tank. The seating platform is aluminum sheeting. I plan to drill and tap new holes in the aluminum (using a piece of wood as a spacer for the bit) and use shorter fine threaded bolts. I don’t see a problem with doing this unless someone else does.

My 2007 210 has the tank under the seats. Lea is correct. a large L shaped gas tank. If you remove the seats and look at your carpet you should see the ridge line and find the screws buried in the carpet to get the gas tank cover off.

5. Member
    2006 198. the screws will clear the gas tank. Just don't use longer ones than those that came out. I put new seats in last year. You can use self tapping screws, no need to drill. You do not need to take the "L" shaped seat platform out.

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. Self tapping screws it is. I went with the high back bucket seats, they look nearly identical to the Champion seats.