Thread: Herrington

Herrington

Live in Cincinnat and typically fish Cumberland spring and fall...I've never tried Herrington. What can I expect re: water clarity etc? Wanting to target bass. Thanks, Mike

Herrington is a very deep canyon style lake. Lots of deep high walls. Usually has a lot of floating debris. There are several creeks on it also. In my opinion it fishes totally different than Cumberland
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

3. Member
    I assume just the spring time has the high amount of debris? Or is it year-round?

It’s trashy year around. The spring being the worst. I destroyed a lower unit there last spring by hitting a large tree that was 6” under the water.

5. Member
    Man sorry to hear for you. Guess I'll stick to Cumberland, maybe give Green a try as well. Haven't fished Green in eons.

6. Member
    fished it for years back in the 90s-- occ big bass in spring but its not a destination lake, nothing personal but shit hole really. Back then did have really good hybrid fishing and that d be fun with ffs. now if u looking for alternative to cumberland, ck on cedar--its over run but another boat couldnt hurt at this point. probably ? 20 mile from herrington. I caught an 8 there 5-6 years ago. plenty of OH guys there as well in fact one told me he caught an 8 there 3-4 years ago.

7. Member
    Lots of big largemouth & spots in green & their being caught right now too.

8. Member
    Herrington can be good if you find a shelf on the bluffs they’re on in summer.

9. Member
    Agree it is not a destination spot. Besides they also charge high launch fees. Take a look at Barren.

Just FYi Green produced a 10.2 Largemouth this week

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Allison View Post
    Just FYi Green produced a 10.2 Largemouth this week
    Any more information or a link to that story...Over the years I have known of two 8's and there has been multiple 7's. I have never heard of a 9 or 10. Now I'm not saying its not possible but that would be an extremely rare fish for GRL or any lake in the state of KY. My personal best out of GRL is 7.72 However it was a mid May post spawn female that was as skinny as a rail. I would have love to have seen her a few weeks earlier because I think she would have been a legit 9. Anyways I was just wondering if there was more info about the 10.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Any more information or a link to that story...Over the years I have known of two 8's and there has been multiple 7's. I have never heard of a 9 or 10. Now I'm not saying it’s not possible but that would be an extremely rare fish for GRL or any lake in the state of KY. My personal best out of GRL is 7.72 However it was a mid May post spawn female that was as skinny as a rail. I would have love to have seen her a few weeks earlier because I think she would have been a legit 9. Anyways I was just wondering if there was more info about the 10.
    Grant Adams. Campbellsville alumni. Jerkbait. I have a picture but file size is too large. Look him up on fb and you’ll see it
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

Probably Landon Brown, he caught a pig a week or so back. He’s a local product that fishes for Cambellesville
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

14. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    Grant Adams. Campbellsville alumni. Jerkbait. I have a picture but file size is too large. Look him up on fb and you’ll see it
    I vaguely know who Grant is. I looked on his FB and the last fishing related picture he had was some rods for sale back in February. If I PM you my cell can you text me the picture?
    Last edited by JR19; 03-27-2024 at 01:57 AM.

15. Member
    I vaguely know who Grant is. I looked on his FB and the last fishing related picture he had was some rods for sale back in February. If I PM you my cell can you text me the picture?
    Yessir
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

16. Member
    Any more information or a link to that story...Over the years I have known of two 8's and there has been multiple 7's. I have never heard of a 9 or 10. Now I'm not saying its not possible but that would be an extremely rare fish for GRL or any lake in the state of KY. My personal best out of GRL is 7.72 However it was a mid May post spawn female that was as skinny as a rail. I would have love to have seen her a few weeks earlier because I think she would have been a legit 9. Anyways I was just wondering if there was more info about the 10.
    I caught one march of 1989 that went just a little over 9,middle cut across from emerald aisle marina , on a chartreuse white Stanley spinnerbait,
    with a white\green spot pork frog. Water was so high we put in up in the parking lot at Emerald, caught that one and another about 10"
    long out of the same sycamore tree top, all day. tree is still there only much bigger now. I will say it was weighed on a hanging scale
    at the marina for what its worth, still the biggest bass I've caught in my life.
    Dad caught one that was almost 8 on a hand held scale, trolling a 600 bomber off the drop across from the old water tower ,around
    79 or 80.

Yes it was Grant Adams.

18. Member
    Gene i'm going to text you some pics if i still have them on my phone.