Thread: Wire Missing???

Wire Missing???

Good afternoon Basscat family! I recently purchased a 2007 Pantera Classic and when going through the battery compartment the other night, I noticed a black wire that had a broken connector. Should it be attached at the bottom of this on the post (I know these are all positive on this post, but I'm not the most electrically inclined...)? I don't see a spot on the "negative" block next to it where it would have come from.

Thanks,
    Duane
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is not our BUSS bar, so hard to say what someones intent was.

Ok. Thank you for clarifying! I’ll keep digging…

Thanks,
    Migs

4. Member
    Zooming I. On the picture you provide the other side is where any ground would go. The picture and area you have showing on the left is for positive only.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Thank you Redngoo! I thought so but it has a larger connector end and I don’t see where it would go on the negative bank. I’ll look again.

Thanks,
    Migs

6. Member
    blk wire likely goes on the rt buss bar —left looks to be the hit side +
    Last edited by mactlman; 03-19-2024 at 12:39 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    1st question is where does the black wire come from? And is it still necessary possibly due to the previous owner eliminating something.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

8. Member
    When you say "larger connector" do you mean like a 5/16" or 3/8" ring terminal?. As Knuckle stated try to trace the wire back to its destination. There is a possibility the original location was the cranking battery
    As BCB stated someone added those "buss bars". Originally there was a single "terminal" block.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    1st question is where does the black wire come from? And is it still necessary possibly due to the previous owner eliminating something.
    It was attached to the battery. The other "broke" end was just laying there. It is possible it could have been something old and can be eliminated. Just wanted to show the pic and get some input.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    When you say "larger connector" do you mean like a 5/16" or 3/8" ring terminal?. As Knuckle stated try to trace the wire back to its destination. There is a possibility the original location was the cranking battery
    As BCB stated someone added those "buss bars". Originally there was a single "terminal" block.
    Yes Redngoo. It has a ring terminal. Maybe it was something old and isn't needed for anything, but just wanted to make sure.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    blk wire likely goes on the rt buss bar left looks to be the hit side +

Thanks mactlman!

You don't want to be attaching it to the buss bar in picture. I would tape it off and leave it alone,for time being. Take the time and turn everything on one at a time to see if you have something that does not turn on. If you find something not turning on attach it to the negative (-) side of battery where it was to see if it was the problem.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Appreciate it bass-action!

14. Member
    You could hook it up and see what happens. You really can’t hurt anything on the ground side of a circuit and boats need all the grounds they can get also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools