Post (1997 201d)Boat riding weird and leaning to the left

When I’m running on plane, I’m having stability issues. when I have waves hitting the right side of my boat (drivers side) it feels like they are gonna make the boat flip. I also have a problem where my boat is leaning left pretty hard until I can trim pretty high. Does anyone have any solutions over this? Thanks

2. Member
    How long have you had this boat? If a long time and this is a new problem then what has changed? Do you have lots of weight on the left side that you didn't before? It is normal for boats to kind of pull left due to prop torque. Usually it is more pronounced in a smaller boat. For example my 17' tin bass boat wants to cruise with a slight left lean, especially if I have a co-angler sitting on the left. Larger glass boats usually don't have that problem. My thoughts would be: there is a lot of weight on the left side from batteries or just gear, the hull has been damaged causing the left lean, the hull has somehow gotten water logged on the left side, Something has happend to your transom and the engine angle isn't right, and last but not least - you have a new really large fishing partner sitting on the left side:-)