Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AT 2 (times 2) Wiring...

I'm going to be installing my 2 AT2's this weekend. To make sure the ping sync works properly for both AT2's I need to wire them (blue wires) together correct? That should be simple enough. I need to figure out what to do with my yellow wires. I hadn't used the yellow wire with my one AT 1 unit because I'm using a Seaclear Harness with an automatic switch shut off at the battery. When I turn the switch - all electronics went off. However, I've left that switch on once or twice after a day of fishing and think it might be better to save my AT2's if they automatically turn off when my graphs turn off. Is there a way to do that or should I just tape the end of the yellow wires and not use them at all (just relying on me turning the Seaclear full harness switch at the battery off after every trip)? I rarely use my acc switch on my 2005 ranger 185vx and didn't plan on using it for this install either. What should I do with my yellow wires?

Hook the yellow wires on your AT boxes to the yellow wire in the power harness on your Pro. The AT boxes will then power up and down with your Pro. You can also hook the yellow wires from the AT boxes to a switch that has a 12v feed, this way you can turn them on and off as needed.

I can't help you with the blue wire, I only run a single AT 2.

3. Member
    These should help:

Installing Dual AT2 units (Part 1):

Installing Dual AT2 units (Part 2) and leveling the Transducers:

Lots more tips and info on my YouTube channel including updating and fishing techniques (@marcmarcantonio)
    ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Hook the yellow wires on your AT boxes to the yellow wire in the power harness on your Pro. The AT boxes will then power up and down with your Pro. You can also hook the yellow wires from the AT boxes to a switch that has a 12v feed, this way you can turn them on and off as needed.

I can't help you with the blue wire, I only run a single AT 2.
    While you can connect the yelow wires from your AT2 units to the yellow of the Pro, I don't recommend it, because it defeats one of the biggest advantages of having a Pro unit. That is its ability to ping synch all transducers connected to it.

The Pro software lets you choose the function of the Pro's yellow wire. With AT2 (even dual AT2s) you can connect the yellow wire from the Pro to the two blue wires for the AT2s, then go into the menu of the Pro and select the function of the Pro's yellow wire to be ping synch. Now your AT2 units will ping synch because the two blue wires are connected, and the 2D Sonar and SideScan and DownScan will also ping synch with the AT2 transducers!

I didn't connect mine like this at the time I made the above videos as that software on the Pro was not available at that time.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    I do not have HDS Pros, I have HDS lives. I hope that wiring the two AT 2's blue wires together will sync the ping without the need to upgrade to a HDS Pro at this time.

I watched your part 1 video, but have yet to watch part 2. I think a lot of my questions will be answered in that video. Thank you very much for making those! I do not plan on running 2d up front because I don't want a 3rd graph at this time. 2 HDS live 12's - 1 running a full screen of FFS and the other running 3/4 screen of scout with a 1/4 screen dedicated to my map. I'd gladly put the yellow wire in the same power harness as my HDS live, but I'm wondering what would happen if I put that console unit in standby mode while I'm up at the bow.

I don't think Lives are capable of ping syncing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    I don't think Lives are capable of ping syncing.
    according to this post by JJ in the thread "How good are two AT2's" , I think as long as those two blue wires from my two AT2s are touching, I should be good. I HOPE so.

"I run (2) AT2s with a 12” Live and a 12” PRO on the bow and a 12” PRO at the console. I power it all, and my accessories and outboard with a 190ah Millertech that I purchased from BassFishinElectronics.com

This has been a great setup for me and there is zero interference. I tried running an AT1 and AT2 but the interference was super annoying."

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n8cas View Post
    according to this post by JJ in the thread "How good are two AT2's" , I think as long as those two blue wires from my two AT2s are touching, I should be good. I HOPE so.

"I run (2) AT2s with a 12” Live and a 12” PRO on the bow and a 12” PRO at the console. I power it all, and my accessories and outboard with a 190ah Millertech that I purchased from BassFishinElectronics.com

This has been a great setup for me and there is zero interference. I tried running an AT1 and AT2 but the interference was super annoying."

I have live units and I have a dual AT2 setup like you are looking to do. Use the yellow from your live unit to the yellows on the AT2 modules. Wire the 2 blue wires together on the harness plug and you will be good to go. The ping sync does work between the AT2 units and the yellow will turn them on and off with your live.

Unfortunately no, I think you are mis-interpreting his post. Notice he has HDS Pro's in the mix - the Pro's control the Ping Sync via a menu setting (Live does not have this option) and having it's Yellow wire connected to the blue wire(s) of compatable transducers like the AT2. Connecting the two blue wires of two AT2's together without connecting them to an HDS Pro won't do anything.

Short version, you won't have ping sync without an HDS Pro.

10. Member
    the last two posts contradict each other. Only 1 way to find out!

the last two posts contradict each other. Only 1 way to find out!
    For Ping Sync to work as designed, you need an HDS PRO, which has the below setting in the menu. The Live does not have this setting available. This is how you enable Ping Sync. Hooking two AT2 blue wires together without connecting them to the yellow wire of an HDS PRO does nothing.

Now, I ran two AT1's prior with no ping sync at all, and the inteferance is not that bad, tbh. But to truly eliminate interferance, you'll need an HDS PRO.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    For Ping Sync to work as designed, you need an HDS PRO, which has the below setting in the menu. The Live does not have this setting available. This is how you enable Ping Sync. Hooking two AT2 blue wires together without connecting them to the yellow wire of an HDS PRO does nothing.

Now, I ran two AT1's prior with no ping sync at all, and the inteferance is not that bad, tbh. But to truly eliminate interferance, you'll need an HDS PRO.
    That looks like solid evidence right there, but I might test it out before trading in another unit. So, in essence, that toggle setting tells AT2 to send info / current through the blue wire that matches the frequency of the info / current from the other AT2 blue wire. Does that mean BOTH of my AT2's need to be tethered to HDS pros ? or just 1 like the first guy I quoted said.

That looks like solid evidence right there, but I might test it out before trading in another unit. So, in essence, that toggle setting tells AT2 to send info / current through the blue wire that matches the frequency of the info / current from the other AT2 blue wire. Does that mean BOTH of my AT2's need to be tethered to HDS pros ? or just 1 like the first guy I quoted said.
    Any transducer you want to sync will need to be connected to the HDS PRO. So both AT2 blue wires should be connected to the yellow wire of the PRO, and set the option in menu as show above. Depending on where your power connections are, you can either twist all three together with a butt splice, or if separated, just run jumper wire between the two contact/power wire points.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Unfortunately no, I think you are mis-interpreting his post. Notice he has HDS Pro's in the mix - the Pro's control the Ping Sync via a menu setting (Live does not have this option) and having it's Yellow wire connected to the blue wire(s) of compatable transducers like the AT2. Connecting the two blue wires of two AT2's together without connecting them to an HDS Pro won't do anything.

Short version, you won't have ping sync without an HDS Pro.

I guess my setup much eat lucky charms and magically doesn’t interfere with each other. Had this setup going for almost a year now and it’s clear screens on both. Guess I need to video it next time i’m out for some proof, Connecticut and Florida is to far for me to drive for a show and tell.

The OP said he has live units, he does not have a HDS Pro so the Pro features and options are nothing for him to be concerned about. The interference he has been asking about is between 2 AT2 units only. Yes there will be interference from other transducers on the boat if you don’t use the stop sonar button when using the AT’s.

15. Member
    This might be an example of comparing apples to oranges. Both are fruits but they taste different. My following comments are not personally verified but I offer them as a possible consideration.

It may very well be correct that you can tie the blue wire of one AT2 to the blue wire of a second (or even a third) and achieve ping synch for the AT2s even on a Live. I do not have LIVEs so cannot confirm nor deny this. You cannot achieve ping synch between a LIVE's 2D sonar, Structure Scan, and AT no matter what because the software menu choice does not allow you to reassign the function of the yellow wire on the LIVE to the ping synch function like you can with a PRO.

Tieing the yellow wire of a Pro to the blue wire(s) of an AT2 gives you full synch of all transducers connected to the host Pro.

So both stories may be correct.
    ciao,
    Marc

16. Member
    When you use 2 AT2 you don't need 2D or structure scan and you can stop 2D and structure scan ping.
    It is important not to have interference from each other in mode 2 AT2, and connecting two blue 2AT2 wires together will help avoid this interference even on live or carbon.
    PRO will additionally allow you not to stop 2D and structure scan, but in 2AT2 mode the price of the “blue button” is too high and comparable to my two devices, live and carbon.

17. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    While you can connect the yelow wires from your AT2 units to the yellow of the Pro, I don't recommend it, because it defeats one of the biggest advantages of having a Pro unit. That is its ability to ping synch all transducers connected to it.

The Pro software lets you choose the function of the Pro's yellow wire. With AT2 (even dual AT2s) you can connect the yellow wire from the Pro to the two blue wires for the AT2s, then go into the menu of the Pro and select the function of the Pro's yellow wire to be ping synch. Now your AT2 units will ping synch because the two blue wires are connected, and the 2D Sonar and SideScan and DownScan will also ping synch with the AT2 transducers!

I didn't connect mine like this at the time I made the above videos as that software on the Pro was not available at that time.
    Helpful info, so when I add my HDS Pro and 2 AT2s I'll also need to plug my TM ducer into the Pro for synch?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Helpful info, so when I add my HDS Pro and 2 AT2s I'll also need to plug my TM ducer into the Pro for synch?
    Yes. And then go into the menu of the Pro and change the function of the yellow wire to activate ping synch.
    ciao,
    Marc

19. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    thanks!!

20. Member
    Thank you very much for all the helpful information. I'll report back once I install. I will be manually turning off the 2d sonar in the ghost TM since I probably won't even need it (have space for it with 2 graphs) up front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast