Thread: Anglerschoice

Anglerschoice

Can anyone tell me there corporate make up? Are they all individuals or under one corporate umbrella?
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades

2. Member
    Believe they are based out of Virginia owned by a family ( woman named Sandi) with multiple locations. I could be wrong tho!

3. Member
    Thanks
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades

4. Member
    Nick and Sandi started the business and are a nice local family no corporate types.

5. Member
    Sandi’s parents started green boat and motor in spindale and her and nick turned it into what it is today

6. Member
    They are a great dealer and took care of me. There are three locations with a great tackle and boat selection.

7. Member
    Sandi and Nick are great people. Business originated out of NCs original and only Ranger dealer - Green Boat and Motor in Spindale, NC. Family owned and operated. Spindale location is still there. I’ve dealt with both the Lexington and Martinsville locations for service and cannot be more complimentary. Martinsville location also is one of the best and most extensive tackle shops I’ve been in, so be prepared to drop some coin if you visit!

8. Member
    Great dealer for new boats, good people, but they overcharge you an insane amount for a boat. They also do terrible trade ins and do not care what electronics are on the boat... If you are desparate for a boat, go for it but if not, save yourselve 8-10k and buy from an individual. gotta make money somehow SO I GET IT!!! Bought a boat from Marshalls marine the other week and had a GREAT EXPERIENCE. I guess it depends on who you work with.
    Last edited by josephsharpe99; 03-19-2024 at 08:02 AM.

9. Member
    Glad someone had a positive experience with their service department at Lexington. Now let me say the guys that actually work on the boats seem great. But the service desk itself is the worst customer service I have dealt with in 40+ years. I was threatened with having to pay for parts I did not even know were ordered, lied too about when they arrived, rushed to SCHEDULE to bring my boat in to only have them keep it out in the elements for 3 MONTHS. Oh, and in that 3 months they never called or emailed except to respond when I reached out to them. If Sandi and Nick are the people you claim them to be they would not be very happy. And by the way, I have emails to prove everything I have said.
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walser90 View Post
    Sandi’s parents started green boat and motor in spindale and her and nick turned it into what it is today
    + 1 Mr Hubert Green

11. Member
    All under one umbrella. Best dealership hand down!!!

12. Member
    Sandi worked at Green Boat and Motors in the finance Department. I has bought some used power poles from Nick at Spindal location in 2018. The Spindale location does not look the same as it did in 1987. In 1987 there were rows and rows of new Rangers. At that time Green Motors was the largest Ranger Dealer east of the Mississippi. Then Ranger allowed other dealerships to open and it lessened the size and yearly sales for Green Boat and Motors.

My recent experience with the Martinsville location was mixed. They did a great job installing a new Quest Ulterra but it took 3 weeks longer than it should have. They said they would pre-order a new trolling motor pad to fit the new bolt pattern. I took my boat in and they said they were all set and it would only take a day or two. After 4 days hearing nothing, called them and they said they had to order the above pad. It had not been pre-ordered. First order was shipped and arrived in about a week but it was the wrong one. Re-ordered again, heard nothing for a week and when I called them they said it should be in a day or so. A week later, no pad. Called them again and it did arrive about 3 days later.

When I went to the dealership to pick up my boat, I noticed the new Virginia boat numbers were sloppily installed with creases and air pockets in most numbers. They did install new numbers on the spot but got the numbers wrong. They again removed the numbers and on the second try got it right.

Got the boat home and found they had reinstalled my bow light receptacle but it was miss-aligned 45 degrees. They said please bring it in and we'll fix it right away. As they are an hour and half away, it was easy enough for me to drill new holes and correct the problem.

I understand stuff happens, but now I'm not sure I'll use them to install my new LVS34.

Overall, when you're at their shop, they are very responsive, eager to help, and professional. I liked their employees, the dealership itself is very impressive, and, since I bought my first Ranger from Hubert and Rose Greene in Spindale, I felt at home.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

14. Member
    Only good thing that I can say about my last experience with Anglerschoice in Lexington is that it is just that........................MY LAST. I will now be driving 1 1/2 hours further to get my boat taken care of.
    2021 Ranger Z185
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Ultrex 80
    Helix 7 & 9
    Garmin Livescope
    Garmin GPSMap 1022
    Power Pole Blades