Thread: Quest ?

Quest ?

So I got my new quest on and love it. Can’t get over how quiet it is. But one thing I need to figure out is if there is any adjustment to make the button that engages prop to be more sensitive seems like you have to push it harder than my last ultrex. And this one being so quiet I can’t tell when it’s engaged till I’ve moved more than i intent to.

2. Member
    It should not be very hard to operate. The only adjustment is to take the push button off and then raise the reed switch up a fraction. You have to be careful with this adjustment because if it is move up to much the motor will stay on all the time. The spring is the same one that is on all the foot operated troll motors. The push button needs to have some resistance on it or else it will have a hare trigger.

3. Member
    It just seems kinda delayed compared to my ultrex. And I haven’t been able to determine if it actually is or if it’s just that fact it’s so quiet you don’t hear the motor kick on now. It’s hard to explain but it just seems different might just take a minute to get used to

I think it's just due to the motor being so quiet. Yesterday was my first time out with mine and I was having the same issue. It was also a very windy day. When I cranked it up to 10 I could sure tell it was runnin though! Even on 24v, it blew away my old 24v Ultrex in speed and power. I'm going to upgrade my power to a 36v system at some point, but I'm not in as big of a big rush after seeing how strong it runs in 24v.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
    I think it's just due to the motor being so quiet. Yesterday was my first time out with mine and I was having the same issue. It was also a very windy day. When I cranked it up to 10 I could sure tell it was runnin though! Even on 24v, it blew away my old 24v Ultrex in speed and power. I'm going to upgrade my power to a 36v system at some point, but I'm not in as big of a big rush after seeing how strong it runs in 24v.
    Exactly.. It's nice to know it’s not only me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
    On lower speeds it definitely takes a bit of intention to ensure you are on the button, because there is no audible noise from the motor - not that my bad ears can hear anyway! And yeah, on 10 you sure will know she's running! I can haul 4.3 mph forward and 3.75 mph in backwards. The thing is a beast, and if you keep it at 6 or below it's crazy efficient.

I went out yesterday and ran it hard in the wind burning up banks with a swim jig, and at the end of the day I had 54% battery left on my 36v system of 50ah Ionics.