Thread: Motor oil worm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Motor oil worm

When was the last time anyone seen a Motoroil colored worm on the shelf,I havnt seen one in 25yrs,when I was in my late teens we wore them out on that,culprit ribbontail,redshad,silvershadbluegill getter,and motoroil,and at nite a chart culprit,with a chart core and cleal outer layer,and a white chart tandem spinnerbait.we carry 2 Fenwick eagle rods,5'6" one 6power for the worms and a 4power for spinnerbaits.shimano bantam 100s on em 12lb trilene.leave house at daylight,head to the bottoms in a 14' johnboat,9.9 Johnson with 15kit,ram footcontrol trolling motor,daylight till dark hot ass weather didn't matter,blujean cutoffs muddy tennisshoes,tank.top or no shirt and a bass pro shops hat.catch fish all day then put alligator clamps from a blacklist on battery fish ,then come Rollin in at midnite,and had caught the shit outta em.best there ever was for alot of people.the old guys can relate to exactly what I'm sayin.well what brought me to my rant was motoroil,colored worms,I seen sum at academy in a 6" trick worm,house brand h20x,and grabbed a pack,think they mite become hot again,don't think have seen many in a while,and if they don't ill.just keep for old time sake.thats the way fishing use to be,now I'm gonna tell ya I'm into the new time tech fishing to,ffs and all,but those worms took me to a time when we didn't have our arm run down every rabitthole we could find,and had sum of the best times of my life in those bottoms.thx for listening

2. Member
    I buy motor oil worms off eBay.

3. Member
    Won a boat on a motor oil powerworm a few decades ago. Still have a few remaining from the several hundred I bought afterwards.

4. Member
    I just watched a color match video from worlds worst fishing. I’m going to make a batch of senkos tonight. It’s snowing out, so today has been a tackle making jig painting kind of Sunday.

5. Member
    I still use motoroil colored power worms. I remember my dad and grandpa using it when I was just very young
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    I think we are talking motor oil worms. https://cremelure.com/search.asp?keyword=motor+oil

7. Member
    Been a long time since I have seen any motor oil colored worms.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

8. Member
    I was worried that my Motorola phone had a virus.

9. Member
    Motor Oil , yes it was a deadly color

10. Member
    You can still find them. I know Bitters Baits sells a few sizes in that color.

Back in the day used whatever color was “hot” at the time. Motor oil, motor oil red flake, motor oil gold flake, motor oil fire tail, fire & ice, red shad, etc.

Still have a bunch of those “old” colors, they still work. Every now and then I’ll break them out for nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Schultz View Post
    I was worried that my Motorola phone had a virus.
    I was thinking it was purpose buit worm for FSS, so the fish could hear any of fish calls guys say while fishing:
    Come on baby bite
    Here fishy fishy
    Come on big girl
    Bite it, biteit, bite it!

13. Member
    i use motor oil and motor oil chat, tail worms all the time

Since nobody changes their own oil nowadays, (hardly), most don't know what motor oil color looks like...green pumpkin before the suntan. Had that core shot look. great color. Avocado, (remember the Sliders), seemed to get lost in the Pumpkin Patch too.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

15. Member
    Google it…..plenty of motor oil worms being produced. Zoom, Phenom, xzone, powerbait, etc.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    Since nobody changes their own oil nowadays, (hardly), most don't know what motor oil color looks like...green pumpkin before the suntan. Had that core shot look. great color. Avocado, (remember the Sliders), seemed to get lost in the Pumpkin Patch too.
    If its a 12 valve.....its black.........

17. Member
    I remember that color from the early 80s in 1979 for me the Manns Jelly worms were the thing and they were black blackgrape purple and brown mostly sometimes blue Bill Dance said back then any color worm will work as long as its blue' next came the firetails and glitter the motoroil color was I think maybe one of the first 2 color worms and natural looking translucent see thru as was the scuppernong color a 2 color worm thanks for the post yes this is nostalgia fun memories Bobby Dittos Gator Tail worms caught me alot of big uns back when Gary Klein turned me onto to them I used mostly black with a chartruese tail but he made a brown one with a purple hue probably inspired by motor oil to this day still a worm fisherman jigs too live for that tick...

Sure miss them motor oil Charlie's worms. I would go through bags and bags of'em.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

19. Member
    yes definety was the start of green pumpkin and watermelon in california the green weenie came first before greeen pumpkine they were hand poured worms
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Google it…..plenty of motor oil worms being produced. Zoom, Phenom, xzone, powerbait, etc.

20. Member
    oops wrong Quote ain't no spring chicken maybe a dinosaur yall have a good nite safe travels and good fishing Its been along 4 days of live coverage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast