Thread: Icaria

USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Icaria

Anyone fish it lately? Use to do very well there then it became the dead sea. Have not been there in like three years. Hit green valley last Wednesday and it already has an algae bloom and pretty low. Only caught like 4 but water got up to 49
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    I fish it a few time a year. But really only go there to run my boat at speed… I’ll fish the rock refs and a few of the brush piles, put the trolling motor on 6-7 and throw a crank bait on the bank. I don’t know if I have ever caught more than 5 bass in one trip?? Still a nice lake and fun to be at. Tons of carp in there too!!

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Yeah, not that long ago it was pretty good and you would need 20lbs to win. Sure went downhill
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Yeah, not that long ago it was pretty good and you would need 20lbs to win. Sure went downhill
    For sure. There was some really nice big fish weight in as well! I think not having any grass of moss has hurt it. There has been lots of walleye stocked as well and that’s fine but they eat lots of fry and little fish leaving less for the bass… I wish the bass fishing was better. It would help the lake out and bring more anglers there. Not that it’s doing bad for revenue. Both campgrounds are full all summer and the lake gets used by the ski boats and tubers… last fall I did get into some hybrid bass (14”) and they sure fight good.
    Maybe I should complain about some of the lakes that have tons of Lily pads! Those lakes seem to have healthy bass!

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Well one thing for sure is that at some point DNR will address it as I think they do a much better job taking care of their lakes then Nebraska does
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP