Ultrex to PP Move for Livescope

Has anyone gone from an Ultrex to a Move and regretted it from a “scoping” stand point? I’ve ran an Ultrex since they came out and not spent any time with any other trolling motor that doesn’t have the assisted cable steer. I have heard that the wireless pedals are harder to be precise with but haven’t had an opportunity to jump in a boat with a Move to feel one in person. Thanks for any feedback. (FYI I did try searching this topic and couldn’t find anything)

I've owned 3 Ultrex, 2 Ghosts and now a Move for the last year, I love it. It might take a little to get used to the pedal and I know that Power Pole is always innovating to make the Move the ultimate trolling motor. I wouldn't go back to anything else.

3. Member
    Thanks for the feedback

4. Member
    Went from a Ghost to the Move. Best trolling motor that I have ever used - very very quiet, no bracket clunks and squeals, and excellent in weeds.

The only issue that I have found with the Move is that the lift assist is very weak and is heavy pulling it out of the water.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Went from a Ghost to the Move. Best trolling motor that I have ever used - very very quiet, no bracket clunks and squeals, and excellent in weeds.

The only issue that I have found with the Move is that the lift assist is very weak and is heavy pulling it out of the water.
    Interesting on the lift assist, do you have a 360 or turret on it?

Power Pole has just put out a software update for the Move to specifically help running Livescope, you can tune your turn speed to make it easier to track. I haven't run the update yet, but looking forward to it!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Power Pole has just put out a software update for the Move to specifically help running Livescope, you can tune your turn speed to make it easier to track. I haven't run the update yet, but looking forward to it!
    I just got back from the classic and got to play with the Move and that update. Seemed to make enough of a difference that I’m going to end up putting a Move on my boat.

8. Member
    How good is the anchor lock on the Move compared to other TM

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing addiction View Post
    How good is the anchor lock on the Move compared to other TM
    I can't speak to that yet, I have only seen one video where a guy took a drone and did a time lapse showing how it stayed in place. It looked like it did a great job.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDA79 View Post
    Interesting on the lift assist, do you have a 360 or turret on it?
    . No, just ActiveTarget