Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A pack of the little small plastic army men....

Picked up a bag of them at Walmart yesterday for my grandson. Think I paid $4 for them. He has not stopped playing with them since he opened them up. He has a house full of way more expensive toys but it's been fun watching him use his imagination setting them up.

It brought back memories of when I loved playing with them. I showed him a video of the little cheap parachute soldier toys and he lit up so we ordered him a few on Amazon. Should be here in a bit.

2. Member
    Me and my step brother used to play "army" with those guys. We would line up our soldiers and then take turns shooting the other guys troops with rubber bands.

That’s awesome! I spent hours and hours with these as a kid. Still remember when the Navarone Mountain Tower Set came out - I thought I’d died and gone to Heaven!

4. Member
    Some of my best memories are setting them up between our legs while my dad and I were sitting across from each other and taking turns shooting a rubber band at each others army

5. Banned
    Had these as a kid along with the plastic cowboys and Indians. Many hours spent playing with them. My kids dug them out of my old toys and enjoy them as well. They love making parachutes for them

6. Member
    My brother and I would set them up on an old dirt mound with roads, bridges and fox holes. We would spend hours setting up battles and taking turns shooting our BB guns at them.

7. Member
    I use them as targets for my air rifles (indoors with appropriate backstop)…still fun.

8. Member
    Before we sold my parent's home a couple years ago they were still finding these figures in places that Mom and Dad didn't know existed and they lived in that small house for over 50 years.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie2 View Post
    I use them as targets for my air rifles (indoors with appropriate backstop)…still fun.
    I was fixin' to say that he will like them even more when he gets his red ryder.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    There was an All Pro Offensive Lineman for the Denver Broncos named Tom Glassic that collected historic miniature soldiers and their weapons .

He would go to battle competitions or host them at his home where they would set up their armies in strategic positions that were historically correct for those times. I’m not sure how they determined the winner but it sounded like a huge chess game with certain rules of engagement.

Think it’s good brain exercise for kids to use their imaginations to set up their soldiers and entertain themselves.,

11. Member
    Still have a zip lock full of them. Played with them indoors and outdoors.
    Red Sox in 6!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Skeeter View Post
    Me and my step brother used to play "army" with those guys. We would line up our soldiers and then take turns shooting the other guys troops with rubber bands.

13. Member
    I had about 50 of those solders when I was young, one day they all disappeared. Had the parachute solder as well until he disappeared too.

14. Member
    Pew pew pew! Simple and fun

15. Member
    A bag of those little green guys and a tube of BB's to go in my Daisy Red Ryder out in the coal barn was a day of delights when I was a pup.

16. Member
    I had a grocery sack full when I was a kid. There was definitely an arms race going on in my neighborhood.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

17. Member
    We had a large "battlefield/beach landing" at the creek behind my house. There were up to 8 to 10 of us some day's with our combined army men and equipment. We even had a Naval force with landing craft on the beach. The battles involved a lot of BB guns, firecrackers and lighter fluid.

If it's the same ones we would play with matches and melt them. They made a cool sound when the plastic dripped off.

Had bunches of them as kid

20. Member
    The only downside was that 1 soldier left behind and found during the 2am fridge run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast