Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Moderator
    Mark, wait until you wake up in the middle of the night to get a drink and step on one bare footed!

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Mark, wait until you wake up in the middle of the night to get a drink and step on one bare footed!
    Can't be as bad as legos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post

We live in a rural area and have all tile and wood floors. We get a few scorpions per month in the house no matter what the exterminators do. It's already a gauntlet walking through the house barefooted at night....

4. Member
    I had a bunch of them as a kid and spent hours playing with them. Then when I was living in San Diego in my mid-30's I saw some at Big Lots or someplace similar. So, I bought some and would randomly scatter them around the building at work. The CEO's daughter would take nature pictures and there were hundreds of them framed and hanging in the halls, so it seemed like a natural place to set them up. Other started joining in and would put different colors near all the green ones I was placing so they were "fighting".

5. Member
    Don't forget about the 90 degree rifle barrels!!!
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

6. Member
    I use to love those little army men too. back when i worked at Bose myself and some fellow co workers used to place them all over the building just to see how long they would stay there before someone noticed. I worked there for 14 years and some where still where i put them when i left.

7. Member
    Great bb gun targets, especially the tanks and jeeps you used to be able to get.

8. Member
    I was one of 6 boys and 5 girls in our family. We did not have much in the way of money. For Christmas, Mom would make sure we all got something. I usually got a small pack of plastic army figures. I thought that was the greatest. We never knew till much later that some families' kids got bikes and play ovens and such. I kinda feel sorry watching many of the kids today get all bent out of shape when they did not get the correct electric battery operated truck they wanted. That deal of him playing with those army figures sure brings back great memories.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Can't be as bad as legos!!!
    IMG_1926.jpeg
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I was one of 6 boys and 5 girls in our family.
    Wow, mom was spittin' out kids like a PEZ dispenser!

Might as well work in another "old time" reference.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Wow, mom was spittin' out kids like a PEZ dispenser!

Might as well work in another "old time" reference.
    Yea...ha ha

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Before we sold my parent's home a couple years ago they were still finding these figures in places that Mom and Dad didn't know existed and they lived in that small house for over 50 years.

13. Member
    We had tons of those little guys. We started paining the helmet with finger nail polish to keep the two sides apart. Finally got a GI Joe with a Jeep and a pull behind rocker luncher. It was game on once we starting firing rockets at those guys. We had a two story house with the very back bedroom not used and it became the neighborhood battlefield for al the kids. Good times for sure.

Neat thing is when our kids were growing up they had a the games systems and all the kids their age would come over and play. Sometimes we'd have a couple systems set up. My wife finally asked me one day why I agreed to all this and those kids.... I told her it reminder me of growing up and the fun times we had and I wanted that for my kids. We had the neighborhood basketball court with lights with kids playing in summer til 11:00 PM sometimes without my kids being there sometimes.

I don't see that happening any more.

14. Member
    Flame Thrower and Machine Gun man was my favorite.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123