Does BFE Ghost True Arrow work ?

I have a Ghost TM and really like it except for when I am using FFS , which is becoming more all the time. I have read and tried a lot of "tricks" to get my arrow working correctly. I have gotten it to work a lot better than it did out of the package . But I can not get the arrow on the TM to stay perfectly in line with the head of the TM and therefore the transducer. More frustrating every trip as I get better with Active Target. I can't believe Lowrance hasn't fixed this problem for us but don't get me started there. So, the BFE Ghost True Arrow looks like it could be the solution. Who has purchased and tried it and what is your experience with it? Thank you for all of your answers.

Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

It's really the best solution - there are several "fixes" as you have found, I tried several as well. It wasn't until I installed the Tru Arrow the issue was finally fixed. It blows having to spend that much money to fix Lowrance's sh*%tty pointer, but if you use FFS a lot it's worth it.

3. Member
    This thread was just discussing this very subject:

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1256641

In short - yes, it does.

4. Member
    Most guys use the pointer on the AT screen if you have a point 1 on your boat then the pointer is dead on especially if you hunt from your console and watch your AT from there. Everyone uses this stuff differently.

5. Member
    Al needs to enlarge the Search function and put it right in the middle of the screen! There have been at least 20 threads discussing this topic!
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Al needs to enlarge the Search function and put it right in the middle of the screen! There have been at least 20 threads discussing this topic!
    So what. Folks can ask questions here I thought. When you become a moderator or owner of this site your opinion will matter, till then continue to help as you do a whole bunch but PLEASE lose the attitude. Folks here in New England are much more tolerant than some on the west coast, chill dude.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Al doesn't need to do anything with the search function; some use it and many (probably most) don't. There is no need for someone to use the search function unless they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    So what. Folks can ask questions here I thought. When you become a moderator or owner of this site your opinion will matter, till then continue to help as you do a whole bunch but PLEASE lose the attitude. Folks here in New England are much more tolerant than some on the west coast, chill dude.
    If I lived in California I would be in a bad mood also. NoCal is a victim of where he lives.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

We have several Lowrance guru's here in the Lowarnce forum, but I suspect they get tired of answering the same questions over and over when a simple quick search will usually provide the info. Obiviously there's no "rule" against asking questions before searching (and, vBulletin serch function is less than ideal really), but it is considered good ettiquite to try a search first. But as Al mentioned, most folks probably aren't going to bother.

10. Moderator
    Have always done a search first. Can find good info easier.

11. Member
    I have written a response to this post multiple times and deleted it each time because of not wanting to offend anyone. Having said that, because many are having problems I think a couple of comments are in order. Please take them under consideration as an attempt to help, and not to offend.

1. The Pointer should work perfectly on your Ghost just as it does on mine and many others. It should turn instantly with pedal movement, and smoothly, and stop exactly when pedal movement stops.

2. I have fixed jerky and innaccurate pointers on other people's Ghost who experienced problems and were frustrated. There is a cause and a fix for every problem if you are willing to overcome.

3. The disk should turn freely within the housing without binding. If it binds, fix the reason it is binding. This could be debris, dirt, warped plastic, off-centered steel washer or magnet, black disk instead of white teflon disk, and probably other reasons I have yet to see. In some cases the metal washer under the arrow is missing completely which guarantees the pointer will not work correctly.

4. The magnet is glued in place and the glue bond can break (by glue failure, poor assembly, hitting the bottom or an object with the trolling motor, changing directions with the trolling motor while on high speed, and probably just from Murphey's law). If the magnet bond is not solid, it will slightly or significantly turn in the housing and the arrow will never be right.

5. I recommend searching YouTube and BBC for all the available fixes, or simply call customer service at Lowrance. They route all calls about the Ghost to technicians in the US who know the Ghost. If you are under warranty they can fix the problem; if you are not then try the fixes available on the internet.
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    I have written a response to this post multiple times and deleted it each time because of not wanting to offend anyone. Having said that, because many are having problems I think a couple of comments are in order. Please take them under consideration as an attempt to help, and not to offend.

1. The Pointer should work perfectly on your Ghost just as it does on mine and many others. It should turn instantly with pedal movement, and smoothly, and stop exactly when pedal movement stops.

2. I have fixed jerky and innaccurate pointers on other people's Ghost who experienced problems and were frustrated. There is a cause and a fix for every problem if you are willing to overcome.

3. The disk should turn freely within the housing without binding. If it binds, fix the reason it is binding. This could be debris, dirt, warped plastic, off-centered steel washer or magnet, black disk instead of white teflon disk, and probably other reasons I have yet to see. In some cases the metal washer under the arrow is missing completely which guarantees the pointer will not work correctly.

4. The magnet is glued in place and the glue bond can break (by glue failure, poor assembly, hitting the bottom or an object with the trolling motor, changing directions with the trolling motor while on high speed, and probably just from Murphey's law). If the magnet bond is not solid, it will slightly or significantly turn in the housing and the arrow will never be right.

5. I recommend searching YouTube and BBC for all the available fixes, or simply call customer service at Lowrance. They route all calls about the Ghost to technicians in the US who know the Ghost. If you are under warranty they can fix the problem; if you are not then try the fixes available on the internet.

Marc, make a YouTube video and then people can just share your video every time it’s asked.

13. Member
    Good idea, I will.
    ciao,
    Marc

14. Member

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    We have several Lowrance guru's here in the Lowarnce forum, but I suspect they get tired of answering the same questions over and over when a simple quick search will usually provide the info. Obiviously there's no "rule" against asking questions before searching (and, vBulletin serch function is less than ideal really), but it is considered good ettiquite to try a search first. But as Al mentioned, most folks probably aren't going to bother.
    To be honest, in the case of this specific post there was one on the same topic on the first page of New Posts, already discussing the BFE and also bagging on the Ghost in general. I understand the frustration, as this topic has been asked and answered a number of times in the recent few months.

16. Member
    Just know that BFE Ghost Tru Arrow WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. Heard it straight from a Lowrance Rep when I was talking about it with him.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/

Quote Originally Posted by BZWildman81 View Post
    Just know that BFE Ghost Tru Arrow WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. Heard it straight from a Lowrance Rep when I was talking about it with him.
    Your rep was wrong (as reps often are, in general). I had warranty service done on a Tru Arrow equipped Ghost. Hell, Lowarance's Ghost Customer Support folks are even recommending the Tru Arrow as a fix for the f*%cked up pointer issue.

18. Moderator
    Thanks Marc.