Thread: Expo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fan engagement is good for those attending the Expo, as access to those anglers on Saturday and Sunday is easy. The attendance is the best REDCREST yet. And no, we don’t think it will ever be a Classic. The Classic on the other hand is too crowded for us to visit with everyone we have in our booth. This one is not as crowded, and we were fairly busy yesterday until late afternoon. The crowd drifts through here from top floor to second floor, and it always has in Birmingham.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Wonder why the reports on here from some attendees mentioned low turnout numbers?
    Low compared to what? The Classic or last year's Expo?

Shouldn't shock anyone they're not pulling Classic Expo type attendance numbers. If the numbers are considerably lower then last years RC that'd be a concern.

BPT isn't BASS, it never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post

Shouldn't shock anyone they're not pulling Classic Expo type attendance numbers. If the numbers are considerably lower then last years RC that'd be a concern.

That is why I asked it as a question. I'm curious as well.

4. Member
    From pictures and videos I saw on social it looked like very light crowds. However, maybe those are deceiving. From two people there on Friday, I heard it was less people than the first one in Tulsa.

They packed the Tulsa REDCREST with several schools and more from the area. They have not packed other events with local efforts. The crowd at Charlotte and Birmingham were both better. Birmingham seems about 30% larger than Charlotte from our observations internally. The crowds seem good at opening and Charlotte was wrapped around the building one morning we noticed it. The Birmingham Saturday crowd was reasonably within our expectations, which we don’t expect today.

We pack up here today and start laying carpet in Tulsa tomorrow. Next year there is some space between the events.

6. Member
    We went yesterday, moderate crowd. The young anglers had very, very easy access to the pros, i.e. KVD, Jordan Lee, Casey Ashley, Randy Howell, Paul Elias, Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin.
    They had some nice boats to look over, definitely was the B team representing the manufacturers that I spoke with, except for Phoenix Boats. The Phoenix rep I spoke with (Jeff Hartung) was amazing and knew the product very well.
    He actually changed my mind about Phoenix, I will be giving them another chance to win my business this summer. There were a few wannabe pros there, but thankfully, a larger number of young and upcoming anglers (high school -college age) anglers attended. Overall good show for what it cost.

7. Member

Redcrest expo

I think they made a mistake by not keeping it the FLW cup name. No one knows what a redcrest is. The name sounds like a bird or duck to me. If it was within 2 hrs I would have went just to check on it as we don’t really have any good fishing expos in the Louisville area. MLF I’m not really a fan of the format but like many of the anglers that fish it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    As always , BPT, living rent free in so many heads on this board. It's just childish bashing or trolling.

It's been talked about thousands of times. The format and lack of fan participation for a weigh in has been the issue since it started. It will never generate the in person experience BASS does, I don't know what or why some of you guys can't grasp that concept.

Someone is going to walk away with $300K, same will happen next week at the Classic.
    And that will continue for many many many years at the Classic. How long will it continue for Redcrest?

9. Member
    It was okay. Got some good stuff on sale but it is not even in the same stratosphere as the Classic expo.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky View Post
    I think they made a mistake by not keeping it the FLW cup name. No one knows what a redcrest is. The name sounds like a bird or duck to me. If it was within 2 hrs I would have went just to check on it as we don’t really have any good fishing expos in the Louisville area. MLF I’m not really a fan of the format but like many of the anglers that fish it.
    I remember when they announced what the championship will be called and explained why Redcrest. Ducketts said “I thought it sounded cool”. Thats the only reason, because he came up with the name.

Companies are rebranded all the time, sometimes it makes sense, other times it’s makes people wonder.

i don’t have any ill will against MLF, I definitely find many of their decisions comical and ego driven, it’s also hilarious to watch the die hard fans and actual MLF plants lose their minds on here. I’d go to redcrest if it was closer. Wouldn’t drive 2hrs but I also don’t attend any of the elite events on 1000 islands or Cayuga even though they’re both under 2hrs
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    I live a couple of hours away from Birmingham in NW Georgia and always go to the Classic Expo when in Birmingham, Knoxville, etc. Won't make the trip for the Redcrest. Chicakamauga would be a good venue for it as fishing would be pretty good and Chattanooga could support a smaller venue like the Redbreast Expo.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post

That is the gold standard as it should be. It's got decades of history and rightfully so. It's not an apples to apples comparison by any stretch.

It just seems there always has to be a comparison. It's the reason they split off into their tourney.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

13. Member
    That is the gold standard as it should be. It's got decades of history and rightfully so. It's not an apples to apples comparison by any stretch.

It just seems there always has to be a comparison. It's the reason they split off into their tourney.
    There’s a comparison because MLF made it so.

From the very first one, they beat their chest saying redcrest will be bigger than the Classic. So obviously people are going to call them out and compare it to the classic based on claims directly from BPT ownership. When that didn’t come to fruition, they attempted to ban BPT anglers from fulfilling contract obligation to attend the classic. When that blew up in their face, BPT scheduled a tournament on top of the classic the following year force their way. To boost attendance numbers to compete against the classic, they also made attendance mandatory for college and high school anglers in the past

all comparisons and criticisms could’ve been mitigated to some degree if BPT humbled themselves from the get go. It’ll never be the classic, and finding their own identity would prove more beneficial. They 100% brought it upon themselves.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    The what?
    kidding wonder gif.gif
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

15. Member
    No Thanks................

16. Member

The comparisons are their own fault. They could have easily just created their new league and done their own thing. Instead they chose to constantly take shots at BASS. Say their RedCrest was the true Super Bowl of bass fishing. Make commercials saying livewells are evil....etc. etc.

Its all their own doing, and as it ended up they themself are on the s#it end of that comparison.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12