Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BFE Ghost True Arrow for Ghost TM Does it work?

I have a Ghost TM and really like it except for when I am using FFS , which is becoming more all the time. I have read and tried a lot of "tricks" to get my arrow working correctly. I have gotten it to work a lot better than it did out of the package . But I can not get the arrow on the TM to stay perfectly in line with the head of the TM and therefore the transducer. More frustrating every trip as I get better with Active Target. I can't believe Lowrance hasn't fixed this problem for us but don't get me started there. So, the BFE Ghost True Arrow looks like it could be the solution. Who has purchased and tried it and what is your experience with it? Thank you for all of your answers.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Ive heard a lot of this issue and seems to be a common problem. My buddy has a ghost but his seems fine. I know they make an arrow stick for this that mounts on the shaft but seems pricy. Can’t remember who sells it though. You should post this in lowrance or trolling motor section
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Ive heard a lot of this issue and seems to be a common problem. My buddy has a ghost but his seems fine. I know they make an arrow stick for this that mounts on the shaft but seems pricy. Can’t remember who sells it though. You should post this in lowrance or trolling motor section

Those guys whine and cry if you speak the truth on anything lowrance. It’s a piss poor design and shows their lack of care about the anglers, since the prices have gone up and they still have not fixed it.

Only fix I’ve read, is having to buy an aftermarket $300 replacement pointer.

4. Member
    Only fix I did was sold it and went to a quest.

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Only fix I did was sold it and went to a quest.
    Well said.

6. Member
    I have a ghost and have only used it for spotlock and traditional trolling. I can't detect any issues doing that. If I lock on a spot it seems like it might want to back up too much but that does not describe the problem in this thread. Can someone explain to me what the issue is and when it shows up.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I have a ghost and have only used it for spotlock and traditional trolling. I can't detect any issues doing that. If I lock on a spot it seems like it might want to back up too much but that does not describe the problem in this thread. Can someone explain to me what the issue is and when it shows up.
    You must be at an absolute stop before hitting Anchor. Touching the Anchor button sets a waypoint at the instant you hit the button. If you are moving at all, the unit will try like hell to get you back to the waypoint it set. I have experimented with this quite a bit. With the latest software and coming to a complete stop, the backwards movement is minimal.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    You must be at an absolute stop before hitting Anchor. Touching the Anchor button sets a waypoint at the instant you hit the button. If you are moving at all, the unit will try like hell to get you back to the waypoint it set. I have experimented with this quite a bit. With the latest software and coming to a complete stop, the backwards movement is minimal.

NoCAL
    Thanks
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

9. Member
    To answer the OP - it does indeed. Once installed, my Ghost is smooth as butter when micro-panning… it was unusable without it.

Quote Originally Posted by tunamann View Post
    To answer the OP - it does indeed. Once installed, my Ghost is smooth as butter when micro-panning… it was unusable without it.
    Finally. An answer. Great to know. Thank you.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

11. Member
    Yes it does but I prefer using my C Stick still with both of them installed.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdnick View Post
    Yes it does but I prefer using my C Stick still with both of them installed.
    Two completely different solutions… TrueArrow allows the arrow to spin smoothly as it should. C-stick is an aiming device for those who have a hard time knowing where to cast.

I have no problem casting where the arrow is pointing, but before installing the TrueArrow it was unusable for me.

13. Member
    Sell it and buy a garmin or Minn kota. Imagine spending 3k on a TM and you have to buy an aftermarket $300 accessory that fixes something every TM manufacturer solved 25 years ago. Lowrance does not care

14. Member
    The BFE True Arrow absolutely fixes the lag and alignment issue. I used it last season and it worked flawlessly. They are a board sponsor and you can use the code BBC10 for 10% off your order.

https://www.bassfishinelectronics.co...ost-true-arrow
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

15. Member
    I feel you on the Ghost TM alignment struggle, especially with Active Target. I haven't tried the BFE Ghost True Arrow yet, but I've heard it might solve the issue.

16. Moderator
    Funny how someone asks a question about a product and only a few can answer his question. Nobody asked anyone's opinion on the trolling motor.

17. Member
    I bought a grounding clamp from home depot. Replaced the screw that came with it with a 1/4"x 6". Installed it as high up the shaft as I could and lined it up with my transducer. Used it for the first time yesterday. A little cheesy but works great. $10 and 10 minutes. A little longer screw would be better. I'm going to try to rig some kind of colored extension so it sticks out just a bit further.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Funny how someone asks a question about a product and only a few can answer his question. Nobody asked anyone's opinion on the trolling motor.

If it helps someone from having to go through the same situation, then so be it. It’s ridiculous that Lowrance can’t figure this out on their own.

I take it you haven’t used your AT on your ghost yet.

Is there ever a topic that doesn’t sway from the original question?

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...9#post13426109
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 03-17-2024 at 07:26 AM.

19. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    The BFE True Arrow absolutely fixes the lag and alignment issue. I used it last season and it worked flawlessly. They are a board sponsor and you can use the code BBC10 for 10% off your order.

https://www.bassfishinelectronics.co...ost-true-arrow
    It should be for $300
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    So what have information have you contributed to the man’s question?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast