Bobs jack plate tripping breaker

Boat has 22 hours on it, first time out breaker tripped, then never happened again. Boat was new at time. Took out today first time since winter storage, bobs jackplate when raising or lowering while running hard would just stop working. Breaker on panel was tripped each time. Seems I also need to lube the plate up, would this cause it to trip or any idea what’s causing it to trip?

2. Member
    Grease it yes. What size breaker is it connected to? Should be a 40A fuse for main power direct to battery. Have you isolated the switch, or blinker (depending on your set up)?
    Rad Brewer

3. Member
    I assume it’s on the correct fuse amperage, but I’ll have to check. It is to the main panel on the ikon, so the breaker on the panel trips. I’ll have to pull it out and see what size but I’d have to assume they are using correct size. I have blinker trims on the steering wheel. Not sure what u mean by isolating those? Thanks for response

4. Member
    My Bob's is wired direct to battery and never trips. If you mean your's are wired to your dash breakers, there is your problem more than likely. I have mine wired direct to battery now for a specific reason, but was first wired to a fuse block in the battery compartment with the correct fuse with no issues.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    I assume it’s on the correct fuse amperage, but I’ll have to check. It is to the main panel on the ikon, so the breaker on the panel trips. I’ll have to pull it out and see what size but I’d have to assume they are using correct size. I have blinker trims on the steering wheel. Not sure what u mean by isolating those? Thanks for response
    You will see there is a 40A for the motor that should go direct to battery. There is also a 5A for the trim switch (blinker), I’m assuming they used your breaker, could be breaker, could be blinker itself, could be wiring.
    https://bobsmachine.com/wp-content/u...ng-diagram.pdf
    Rad Brewer

6. Member
    Breaker is 40amp. I’m going to try to relube it definitely seems it’s binding / rubbing making screech and was only tripping at speeds. Maybe it was getting stuck then flipping. If not I’ll keep going deeper. Thanks all