Problems after Impellor replacement

I have a 99 Mercury 200 EFI 0G803451. I changed out the impellor Kit last week. I finally got over there today. and hooked up the muffs. The motor started pee'ing through the tell tale after about 30-40 secs. Not a real strong flow, but a good decent steady flow. After about another minute, the motor quit pee'ing from the tell tale, so I shut it down. To start, before, this motor never really peed well running on muffs, but if I drop the unit in a barrel or lake it flowed well through the tell tale. SHould I drop the lower unit again to check out impellor or drop it in a barrel and try it first. Thanks

2. Member
    Don't chase overheat issues on a hose. Back it into the water.
    On a hose use the merc flushing tool, not the slide on cups style.

Prolly cause the thermostats shut
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

4. Member
    I have an 08 opti and when I put it on muffs, it matters which way the muffs go on. The wire of the muffs has to be at the front of the lower (or in between the transom and motor). If I have the muffs on the opposite direction, my motor wont pee on muffs. With that said, my telltale never pees all that well on muffs. I wouldnt drop the lower until you give it a try with the lower dunked in water.

5. Member
    test tank or lake test
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................