Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    The water body had a game camera located on a tower about 50-70 yards away

2. Member
    If you have questions--WATCH THE VIDEO. It is a good video with good information. Just not info about running in the fog.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

3. Member
    Wow............just Wow! That is one tough man and is to be admired.

4. Member
    Did he not have GPS?

5. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Winans View Post
    The water body had a game camera located on a tower about 50-70 yards away
    Thanks. Not sure how I would feel to see a video of my accident, as you are.

7. Member
    Watched the entire video and I'm glad you survived but more importantly I'm impressed with your drive & determination to keep moving forward. Godspeed in your continued recovery!

You just never know when your life is going to make a big left turn down a very bumpy road.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Crazy. Couldn’t watch the entire video, way to long. He said it was foggy but the video didn’t make it look very foggy. Also interesting as they knew the lake and sounded as they fished the dam before so knew it was there but no waypoints on it? Not sure how a dark rock wall would stand out in that little bit of fog. Crazy. Hope the guy fully recovers. Bet his pilot buddy feels like crap over this.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Crazy. Couldn’t watch the entire video, way too long. He said it was foggy but the video didn’t make it look very foggy. Also interesting as they knew the lake and sounded as they fished the dam before so knew it was there but no waypoints on it? Not sure how a dark rock wall would stand out in that little bit of fog. Crazy. Hope the guy fully recovers. Bet his pilot buddy feels like crap over this.
    That boat came out of the fog into an area that was less foggy when you watch the zoomed in video. On the zoomed out vid look how heavy the fog is on the dry side of the dam opposite of where they wrecked. They went from no vision to holy shit in seconds.

11. Member
    Thanks for putting this out, it should be a must watch for new boaters and boat captains. In the mid 80’s I was fishing on the Cal Delta in the fog, I was about a typical pitch away from the bank an had a boat at full speed between me and the bank, they never saw us. Luckily we didn’t collide, just saying. Also I haven’t thought about Kieth G in a while, I miss him as well. Be careful everyone.

12. Member
    Watched it last night. That man is a hell of a fighter. Hope it hits home with a few people.

Keep fighting the good fight. Heal up soon.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    Prayers for continued recovery - we have a lot of common acquaintances, and they still speak of your recovery and journey frequently. Thank you for sharing your experience. This is a dangerous sport.

Keep up the good fight Brady! Your recovery is inspiring. Your acknowledgment of mistakes and the dangers of running a boat are good lessons for us all. Most of us running high performance bass boats have done something we know wasn’t particularly safe at one time or another. Your accident is a reminder to bring it down a notch when the conditions dictate. Looking forward to seeing you running your own rig very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotAW4 View Post
    Did he not have GPS?
    My guess is he had GPS set to North up, was traveling South and the dam had not appeared at the bottom of the screen that he had his face buried in.
    The dam should have been visible 70 - 100 yards ahead if he had been looking.

P01135809

17. Member
    Hit the dam embankment at 40 miles an hour after entering a fog cloud. He was the passenger in the Caymas. You see him get thrown onto the rocks. He said it was 28 degrees when this happened. Busted him up really bad.

He should have not buried his face and helped his partner look ahead , or maybe just find a place to fish and wait out the fog , duh .

Wild story. It is crazy to me how you can live here, get into an accident and if you survive...you'll be financially wrecked like that.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

20. Member
    When will people quit running in the fog. I feel terrible for the guy, but shouldn’t have been going more than 10mph in that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast