Older HDS Live US Enhanced maps

I have an older HDS-7 Live unit that came with the US Enhanced Basemaps and it was never upgraded to 'contour+' however the included basemaps have no contour lines or depth information at all... I thought this was odd as my old hook2 does show contours. I dug around in the settings and can't find anything obvious, am I missing something or does this version have no contour lines at all? Thank you!

2. Member
    I pulled a C-Map discover “onboard” card out of a hook Reveal and it seems to be working fine so I guess the included maps on the HDS Live are just useless. I do have a follow up question though- with the custom shading I cannot get it to change the channel from the default color. Followed the wacky riggers guide, and others as well as just trying to make the whole map red… Still leaves the channel the default dark blue while shading everything else… Any help there? Thank you

3. Member
    I have the zero degree mount which should help in shallow water but I haven’t tested it yet, maybe someone on here that has it can chime in.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico_B_Suave View Post
    I pulled a C-Map discover “onboard” card out of a hook Reveal and it seems to be working fine so I guess the included maps on the HDS Live are just useless. I do have a follow up question though- with the custom shading I cannot get it to change the channel from the default color. Followed the wacky riggers guide, and others as well as just trying to make the whole map red… Still leaves the channel the default dark blue while shading everything else… Any help there? Thank you

The Us Enhanced maps from the Lives first versions of map were pretty low level. If you can find a Lowrance Pro Staff in your area then they can update your map with the contours plus. Then you will have full Depth Shading as the enhances maps do not do shading. You can do on your discovery card. Follow the wachky riggers guide to the letter the first time then you know it works then modify after that. Good luck