console on 2022 ranger rt198p???

I'm planning on taking out the flush mount lowrance 9 and do a dual mount with a helix 12. I already have a power wire ran that's next to console by throttle. any tips or tricks to getting inside it? what all has to come apart? thanks.
    Last edited by bassin74; 03-15-2024 at 02:17 PM.

2. Member
    I assume it’s just like the 188 I have. There are 6-8 Phillips screws holding the rubber cover on. It pulls off and you have access to all gauges and dash mounted graphs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I assume it’s just like the 188 I have. There are 6-8 Phillips screws holding the rubber cover on. It pulls off and you have access to all gauges and dash mounted graphs
    thanks. Not looking forward to it but hate the flush mount especially when the sun is up high.

4. Member
    I recently did a similar upgrade on my 198. Feel free to PM me for more info.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelkris76 View Post
    I recently did a similar upgrade on my 198. Feel free to PM me for more info.
    thanks. I will do that when get everything to do it

Easy Pleasy. 4 screws to remove the windshield and about 8 screws to remove the dash panel.
    I have added extra gauges, (Volt, Trim, Jack Plate), so I did not have room for a 12" screen.
    I had to remove my Helm to route a new transducer cable. It was a PITA.
    Note my rig is a 2019.
    Number one complaint was the factory wiring under the helm looked like SH%# to be honest.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Easy Pleasy. 4 screws to remove the windshield and about 8 screws to remove the dash panel.
    I have added extra gauges, (Volt, Trim, Jack Plate), so I did not have room for a 12" screen.
    Note my rig is a 2019.
    Number one complaint was the factory wiring under the helm looked like SH%# to be honest.
    yeah I will have to get a transducer cable and power wire in it. not looking forward to that part. mine is a 2022

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Note my rig is a 2019.
    hey how did you get that transducer cable ran through the console? I'm struggling