Thread: Texans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I had to drive to Dallas a few weeks ago for a work meeting. Had heard all the horror stories about how fast everyone drives.

I was at 5 over the speed limit, and was passing as many cars as were passing me between Denison and Dallas.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's yall's roads. They beat the hell out of you if you drive fast on them. My elbows still hurt from the steering wheel vibrations when I pulled the boat to Morgan City and the Basin last fall....
    yeah the more south you go, it gets bad…. I tow on 90 from New Orleans to Morgan city a few to several times a year and it’s bad.. Morgan city to Lafayette is bad…

3. Member
    From Jan. to Oct. 1966 I was in FT. Hood for basic training, had my wife with me on 3/4 of that stay. Loved the people down there and wife had a job the first day as a secretary for a
    real estate office . Got kind of hot in the summer ?

4. Member
    It's yall's roads. They beat the hell out of you if you drive fast on them. My elbows still hurt from the steering wheel vibrations when I pulled the boat to Morgan City and the Basin last fall....
    It's called a massage!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

5. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    New Orleans to Venice is brutal. That road is ugly.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebw View Post
    Yes it is, luckily the fishing makes up for it.

7. Member
    I first heard of the deep fried texas twinky in roughly 2013. Actually had one in austin in 2023, so much better then anything my poor brain could have imagined.

Lived in Denver in the early 2000's and Texacan drivers are legend. Driving 80-85 in the moutains not safe practice.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebw View Post
    But what fishing
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Here's some good BBQ

https://hurtadobbq.com/

I’ve had to tone it down quite a bit since leaving Texas. In this rural community, most speed limits are 55. It’s a killer. I hadn’t had a ticket in prolly 15 years while residing in Texas. Well, I got a ticket on Thursday from a sawed off little punk of a AR state trooper. Cocky as can be. Wrote me for 69 in a 55 and I had my cruise control set at 62. I questioned him and he just got more mouthy. I was driving my company car and had no idea I was driving with expired tags from 2022. My company mails the sticker and I put it on since car is tagged in OK and I forget about it. I was pissed when he came back and handed me my ticket with a smirk. He said he would write me a warning on expired tag. Gave me my license back and then I got mouthy because of his shitty attitude. He said just give me your license back and I’ll write a citation as well for expired tag. I said no thanks, I’m good. He then threatened to take me to jail. Little piece of sheet! Yes, I’m not quite over it yet. He had no reason to be a doosh like he was. Anyways, expired tag citation now will cost $220. It was worth it to me to pop off, just like he was acting to me. I looked him up on Facebook and lots of folks have bashed him due to his cockiness and attitude. Maybe he lacks elsewhere and needs to feel like a big dawg while badge is on. Frickin jerk wad! Okay, I’m now over it. ��
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    I’ve had to tone it down quite a bit since leaving Texas. In this rural community, most speed limits are 55. It’s a killer. I hadn’t had a ticket in prolly 15 years while residing in Texas. Well, I got a ticket on Thursday from a sawed off little punk of a AR state trooper. Cocky as can be. Wrote me for 69 in a 55 and I had my cruise control set at 62. I questioned him and he just got more mouthy. I was driving my company car and had no idea I was driving with expired tags from 2022. My company mails the sticker and I put it on since car is tagged in OK and I forget about it. I was pissed when he came back and handed me my ticket with a smirk. He said he would write me a warning on expired tag. Gave me my license back and then I got mouthy because of his shitty attitude. He said just give me your license back and I’ll write a citation as well for expired tag. I said no thanks, I’m good. He then threatened to take me to jail. Little piece of sheet! Yes, I’m not quite over it yet. He had no reason to be a doosh like he was. Anyways, expired tag citation now will cost $220. It was worth it to me to pop off, just like he was acting to me. I looked him up on Facebook and lots of folks have bashed him due to his cockiness and attitude. Maybe he lacks elsewhere and needs to feel like a big dawg while badge is on. Frickin jerk wad! Okay, I’m now over it. ��
    You were driving 14 over or 7 over with expired tags, I can see why you were upset. And you even looked the guy up on facebook? Oh man you are wound tight as a banjo string. I speed often, except in Texas, where I can't keep up, but if I get stopped, I got it coming.

12. Member
    Love that Texas 85mph speed limit until those big trucks decide to get into an elephant race.

13. Member
    Got mouthy and got another ticket fafo type of moment! Should have sent him a message on FB you creeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Got mouthy and got another ticket fafo type of moment! Should have sent him a message on FB you creeper!
    The reason I looked him up is because of me telling the story on what happened to my buddy. He told me to look him up on FB and see all the negative comments about how he treats people that he stops and how much everybody hates him. So I did, DA! Sorry it went against your will. You'll get over it after you quit thinking about me.....
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

No doubt about the roads in Louisiana ,,, If someone every kidnaps you and throws you in the trunk of a car you could be one hundred percent certain when you crossed the state line ,,,,,

Louisiana has always had so many dirty politicians / crooks sucking off the money that should have been spent on roads that when they do get built they are substandard when they are new ,,,some of these small speed trap towns write over a million dollars a year in tickets and with the mayor as judge and jury you are screwed , some of these are not even towns just villages and they derive up to 90% of their income from tickets , and the state is full of them ,, as someone who goes back and forth between Texas and Louisiana I have to be careful to remember to slow down in the speed traps

16. Member
    I’ve talked to a few new residents over the last few years that felt we “drove too fast”. I don’t know, most areas are fine. Many of the drivers in San Antonio are too stupid to understand how to operate a motor vehicle, so avoid that city if you can. Craziest drivers I have ever seen, were in Denver Colorado. Their speed was pedal pushed all the way to the floorboard.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    I’ve talked to a few new residents over the last few years that felt we “drove too fast”. I don’t know, most areas are fine. Many of the drivers in San Antonio are too stupid to understand how to operate a motor vehicle, so avoid that city if you can. Craziest drivers I have ever seen, were in Denver Colorado. Their speed was pedal pushed all the way to the floorboard.
    Drive through there with Elk horns or a Mulie head above the bed of your truck, the facial expressions and hand gestures you get is priceless! Motivation to go back every year a fill tags!

18. Member
    The reason I looked him up is because of me telling the story on what happened to my buddy. He told me to look him up on FB and see all the negative comments about how he treats people that he stops and how much everybody hates him. So I did, DA! Sorry it went against your will. You'll get over it after you quit thinking about me.....
    Drink you some and lighten up a little bit.

19. Member
    Have only been to Texas once, went to San Antonio for a conference. Everyone says how New Yorkers or “Yankees” in general are despised down there but people were pleasant to us. Sure at some local places it was obvious people were talking about us but that’s whatever. Seemed like a great state. Much like how most think all of NY is just like NYC, I went there expecting expecting cacti and deserts.. One lady did point out a “mountain” which our reaction was “what mountain, you mean that little hill?”

Up here is clearly obvious when others are from out of state or country. The only people going 5-7 above the speed limit on a 65mph road are residents. Those going 10+ over are nearly all from out of state or Canada. It’s wild how fast PA guys drive too. Once you cross the border it’s like any speed limit sign actually means go atleast 10 over or you’re getting honked at.

the Canadians were always the main culprits in work zones
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Drive through there with Elk horns or a Mulie head above the bed of your truck, the facial expressions and hand gestures you get is priceless! Motivation to go back every year a fill tags!

Oh I can imagine, having Texas license plates and a dead animal in your truck would bring some attention and dirty looks.

We were in a small town near Estes Park, (might have been part of Estes Park) and I told the waitress that the people in CO we’re about the most unfriendly people that I’ve ever met. She says, “you must be from Texas, people here hate Texans”. Alrrigggghhtttyyyy then, note to self, don’t come back. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast