Thread: Whats new?

Whats new?

About six months ago I looked hard at a 521R but concluded that there were just too many issues with the Ride System and I also hated how cheap the adjustable seats were and I didn't want to spend the money to have the likely issues with both.

Just curios is anything has changed on those two fronts? Read something about a new Ride system?

2. Member
    Seats are rock solid on my 24 520r and the ride system has performed flawlessly so far. Both the seat rails and ride system are new and redesigned for 24.

3. Member
    Hi JFB. Here are all the issues I've had with my Ranger 520R:

1. Dameron – J1939 Communication Lost;
    2. GPS Fix Lost;
    3. OP Box not found;
    4. Low Battery Charge;
    5. Transom Battery Gauge inoperable;
    6. Passenger seat slide inoperable;
    7. Livewell bilge pump continuously runs without shutting off;
    8. Low battery warning on key fob (after replacing battery);
    9. Key fob not in range (while touching the front of the RIDE system screen);
    10. Fuel Gauge inoperable;
    11. Starting battery was dead and would not recharge
    13. Driver's seat has a big wobble in it; and
    12. Fiberglass under the passenger seat was broken.

I took the boat to Pro's Choice Marine where I purchased it (and they were great). Less than 2 months later, these were the issues I've had:

1. OP box not found;
    2. Low Battery Charge;
    3. GPS Fix Lost;
    4. Fuel Gauge inoperable;
    5. Key fob not in range (while touching the front of the RIDE system screen);
    6. Key fob battery low (after replacing the battery);
    7. Jack plate gauge inoperable; and
    8. Trim gauge inoperable.

I then took it to Dixie Marine and they fixed most of these issue, but now I have the following issues:

1. Engine trim gauge inoperable or provides an inaccurate reading;
    2. RIDE system screen flickering and turning off and on while operating the boat;
    3. Fuel gauge is providing an inaccurate reading, goes from full to a empty; and
    4. GPS fix error.

If I were you, I'd look for another boat. I've had my boat serviced at Cabela's, Pro's Choice, and now Dixie Marine. I have no complaints about the dealers, they are all great to work with, but unfortunately I continue to have the same issues. They extended the warranty on the electrical system to 5 years, which is a great gesture and likely the result of all the issues that have surfaced with the RIDE system. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get all of my issues resolved.

The only two cosmetic issues I've had have been the rubber step mat between the two seats bubbled up and the battery compartment won't fully seal and the carpet has shrunk and exposed the deck on the battery compartment.

This boat has been in the shop over 3 months since I bought it and it's about to go back today. I wish I had better news to share, but these are the facts and I think it's worth sharing.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDonkeyHunter View Post

2. GPS Fix Lost;
    3. OP Box not found;
    4. Low Battery Charge;

I took the boat to Pro's Choice Marine where I purchased it (and they were great). Less than 2 months later, these were the issues I've had:

1. OP box not found;
    2. Low Battery Charge;
    3. GPS Fix Lost;

I then took it to Dixie Marine and they fixed most of these issue, but now I have the following issues:

2. RIDE system screen flickering and turning off and on while operating the boat;
    3. Fuel gauge is providing an inaccurate reading, goes from full to a empty; and
    4. GPS fix error.

If I were you, I'd look for another boat. I've had my boat serviced at Cabela's, Pro's Choice, and now Dixie Marine. I have no complaints about the dealers, they are all great to work with, but unfortunately I continue to have the same issues. They extended the warranty on the electrical system to 5 years, which is a great gesture and likely the result of all the issues that have surfaced with the RIDE system. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get all of my issues resolved.

The only two cosmetic issues I've had have been the rubber step mat between the two seats bubbled up and the battery compartment won't fully seal and the carpet has shrunk and exposed the deck on the battery compartment.

This boat has been in the shop over 3 months since I bought it and it's about to go back today. I wish I had better news to share, but these are the facts and I think it's worth sharing.
    What year is your boat? Have you had issues with the new ride system?

5. Member

They replaced the old unit, I’m still having issues. The trim gauge does work, the battery fob error on being close enough still exists, and the gas gauge doesn’t work accurately.

6. Member
    I’ve never had a bass boat [on #23 now and counting] with an accurate gas gauge. ^

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Seats are rock solid on my 24 520r and the ride system has performed flawlessly so far. Both the seat rails and ride system are new and redesigned for 24.
    That’s good to hear! Are the seats still adjustable? Any details on the exact changes made to either the seats or the ride system?

8. Member

2. GPS Fix Lost;
    3. OP Box not found;
    4. Low Battery Charge;

1. OP box not found;
    2. Low Battery Charge;
    3. GPS Fix Lost;

4. GPS fix error.

yeah these were the exact type of stories that were just too prevalent for me to spend 90k on. Sounds like a couple design changes may have been made in 24. Thx for your response!

9. Member
    Seats drove me nuts ! sold boat

10. Member
    I’m fine with the gas gauge being inaccurate to a point. Not working at all is my problem. The trim gauge not working at all is also a pain. It’s going back in tomorrow at 8. This will be the 6th time I’ve taken it in. The boat has been in the shop a total of 5 months and 3 weeks since I’ve had it. Kind of like the Range Rover my wife used to drive….own 2, because 1 is always in the shop.

11. Member
    I’m fine with the gas gauge being inaccurate to a point. Not working at all is my problem. The trim gauge not working at all is also a pain. It’s going back in tomorrow at 8. This will be the 6th time I’ve taken it in. The boat has been in the shop a total of 5 months and 3 weeks since I’ve had it. Kind of like the Range Rover my wife used to drive….own 2, because 1 is always in the shop.
    i was at dixie yesterday getting more issues corrected. mark took great care of me
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    Mark is fantastic. Honestly, I was so happy I moved up here given the service. Beats the hell out of every other dealer I dealt with in Texas. Now the fishing, well it plain sucks.

13. Member
    Mark is fantastic. Honestly, I was so happy I moved up here given the service. Beats the hell out of every other dealer I dealt with in Texas. Now the fishing, well it plain sucks.
    i warned you about that one small issue when you posted about moving up here!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    That’s good to hear! Are the seats still adjustable? Any details on the exact changes made to either the seats or the ride system?
    I do not have the specifics of what was changed, but the seats are still adjustable.

15. Member
    I’m going to follow up this post. Ranger contacted me today. They have their head of RIDE support working with Mark at Dixie. She told me today it would be fixed 100%. Obviously, that’s a good thing, so I’m happy. I’ll be excited when I get it back to see if they did in fact fix it. God knows I’ve been patient. I actually went and looked at an Ikon and a Phoenix last week. I think my Ranger has had issues, but I think it compares very well to the Ikon, it’s just doesn’t have that giant front deck. Fit and finish looks about the same, and it has a touch screen too. Call me skeptical!

16. Member
    I’m going to follow up this post. Ranger contacted me today. They have their head of RIDE support working with Mark at Dixie. She told me today it would be fixed 100%. Obviously, that’s a good thing, so I’m happy. I’ll be excited when I get it back to see if they did in fact fix it. God knows I’ve been patient. I actually went and looked at an Ikon and a Phoenix last week. I think my Ranger has had issues, but I think it compares very well to the Ikon, it’s just doesn’t have that giant front deck. Fit and finish looks about the same, and it has a touch screen too. Call me skeptical!
    Liked compares to an Ikon!