18TRX Floor Drain Question

I searched and found this question asked before with no answer. Has anyone dealt with clogged drains from the factory? There is no drain tube and the small holes appear to be full of foam. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Thanks for posting, yikes that ain't good. Doesn't speak well of Triton's workmanship or final inspection. I'm interested in the 18TRX since it appears to be about the only wide body 18' glass boat rated for 200HP with a chance to fit in my garage. If any 18TRX owners with boats on single axle trailers read this and have a few minutes I'd appreciate any input on if your boat would fit in a 21' long two car garage, angled in on one half of the garage so that a car can be parked in the other side. This would be of course with the trailer tongue folded and the engine trimmed straight up and down. To the OP, I'm sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread. I hope you get some answers to how to correct the clogged drain.

3. Member
    Mine is single axle (not my preference but too good of a deal to pass up.) My garage is 24’ I believe so I’m not much help for your question. I trim my motor down and fold the tongue and can walk around the boat on all sides without issue and I’m a big guy. The website specs say the tandem is 21’10” with the tongue folded.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coleman View Post
    Mine is single axle (not my preference but too good of a deal to pass up.) My garage is 24’ I believe so I’m not much help for your question. I trim my motor down and fold the tongue and can walk around the boat on all sides without issue and I’m a big guy. The website specs say the tandem is 21’10” with the tongue folded.
    Thanks for your reply. If the tandem is 21'10" I wonder if a single axle trailer would save any length at all. If it did it would have to be that the bow roller stop was closer to the trailer tongue pivot point on the single axle compared to the tandem. I think for me to have any chance of fitting an 18 TRX in my 21' single car garage It would have to not be over 21' 2 or 3" with the tongue folded. I think if it was only 2 or 3" over my 21' length that I could angle it in and it wouldn't get so wide that the boat would be over the garage center line into the next garage bay. Thanks for the info.

Thats not good. Have you "chipped" away at the foam to see how much is actually in there?

Id call the dealer and let them get on the horn w Triton

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. Member
    Talked to dealer and they’ve seen a few Tritons with the same issue. He said the drain tubes are there and I just need to clean out the foam with a exacto knife. He mentioned the foam spreads when the caps are put together squishing the foam into the drain tube area. Not great quality control IMO. I’ll clean it out and post a follow up in case someone else runs into this issue

7. Member
    Cleaned out as much foam as I could reach and it’s still clogged. Water just stands in the hole. Talked to dealer and going to drop it off over the summer for them to look at and contact Triton if necessary.

I wonder of a drain auger made for a toilet would work?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke