Noco genpro and Odyssey battery?

Will a Noco Genius genpro 10x1 properly charge an Odyssey 31M-PC2150? Found some literature on the Odyssey recommended chargers,noco was not listed,but the literature seemed dated
    Last edited by bass-action; 03-15-2024 at 04:42 AM.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

2. Member
    From the Odyssey site: first quarter 2024 they will be releasing a new line of battery chargers. I could not find the old list. It is probably the old list you have. I have had that battery for over 5 years and use their 20 amp charger (which is not available anymore). It has a conditioning cycle built in for TPPL batteries. Uses some type of frequency manipulation that won’t damage AGM’s. If they are true to their word it should be out within 2 weeks! I would not bet too much on that release though. If I find anything new I will post it.
    I found a note by my discontinued model on the Enersys site. “Look for an entire NEW Line of Odyssey Chargers, coming beginning of 2024, made by CTEK ……
    Last edited by bobcoy; 03-14-2024 at 08:01 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    From the Odyssey site: first quarter 2024 they will be releasing a new line of battery chargers. I could not find the old list. It is probably the old list you have. I have had that battery for over 5 years and use their 20 amp charger (which is not available anymore). It has a conditioning cycle built in for TPPL batteries. Uses some type of frequency manipulation that won’t damage AGM’s. If they are true to their word it should be out within 2 weeks! I would not bet too much on that release though. If I find anything new I will post it.
    I found a note by my discontinued model on the Enersys site. “Look for an entire NEW Line of Odyssey Chargers, coming beginning of 2024, made by CTEK ……
    OK thanks, I have a Noco Genius Genpro 10x1 in my posession,will this adequately charge Odyssey 31M-PC2150 ?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Your NOCO should have an AGM mode.

https://no.co/genpro10x1

It does. Just curious why Odyssey does not have it on their recommended charger list.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

6. Member
    It may be the 10Amp part. When I bought my battery they recommended at least 15Amp charge rate for their Extreme line (TPPL). Bob

7. Member
    Odyssey lists MK and DP chargers from 6 to 15 amps as approved, and some other brands. I once called them to ask why the MK PC 10 amp chargers were approved, but not their 15 amp chargers. Answer was simply that they do not test all chargers, but obviously, since the 10 amp was approved, the MK PC 15 amp was fine. Seeing as they do not test all brands, the Noco is likely going to be fine. If you like, call them to check.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Member
    NOCO 10amp will not charge that Odyssey to a full charge. About 80% is all your going to get.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    NOCO 10amp will not charge that Odyssey to a full charge. About 80% is all your going to get.
    For what reason? How do you know only 80%
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

10. Member
    The voltage could indicate a full charge or not, but I don’t see how the 10 amp would not eventually charge it to 100% or very close.

Emailed Odyssey about this,this was the response,
    10 amps is the minimum required charge current for our ODX-AGM31M battery. As long as the charger has an AGM setting it should be fine. Our recommended charge voltage is between 14.2 and 14.8 volts. If the charger has a float / maintenance mode, the recommended voltage is between 13.5 and 13.7 volts.

From what I found digging on Noco webpage, 10 amp charges at 14.8 volts and doesn't have a float/maintenance mode. So I think we all set

Thanks for all the responses
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD