where do you order shimano parts

I am looking for a replacement dust cap for a core 50 mg7

It is the little metal cap that you turn to tighten the spool

Thanks for your help.

2. Member
    A bit of Google-fu produced the following results below.

If it's the cast control cap Part# 4045 then you can buy it on eBay since Shimano has discontinued the part according to ereplacementsparts.com

1. Confirm this is the correct part number via the Link to Core 50MG7 schematics: Shimano Core COR50MG7New Schematic (mikesreelrepair.com)

2. If this is the correct part, then order from eBay Link: 1 Shimano Part# BNT 4045 Cast Control Cap Fits Core 50mg7 and Cor-51mg7 for sale online | eBay

Good luck with finding the part you are seeking!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Member
    You are most welcome sir! It's a wonder how we got by in the "old days" of no internet and all the information available at our fingertips.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Member
    Thanks

Dear Mr. City17Banner I woulld like to address your statement, "It's a wonder how we got by in the "old days" of no internet". We got by with the help of our elders who shared the information that we needed. How do you do brakes, you ask the older gentlemen (AKA THE OLD MAN) down the street. When your electric goes out, you call Grandpa, he can fix anything. In almost any circumstance in your life, You could always ask your Dad and he could explain how you did it wrong. (ha ha) I really think we miss a lot of good role modeling influence, because all we have to do is google it today. Again, thanks for your help.