Yamaha Sho 225 Tune to 332HP

Hey guys-
    I just had my 2017 yamaha sho 225 tuned to a 323hp. I went from 65mph WOT to 72mph. In the two times that I did that and went back down to idle, the boat was stuck in limp mode and would only idle when putting the throttle down. I had to turn off the engine, restart, and it reset everything back to normal. I never had any sort of alarm go off. Unfortunately I was not paying attention to the RPM's at the time of WOT. Will the motor go in limp mode if you go over a certain RPM? Currently running a 25pitch. If the RPM's are too high, do I need to switch props? I have zero experience with any of this....thanks in advance for any guidance.

2. Member
    You need to know the RPM you where going when this occurred to give an accurate answer. My guess is you went over the 6200ish rpm limiter. When you get a "flash" They usually ask you if you want to keep the stock Limiter (6200), 7000 rpm, or 7500 rpm....

3. Member
    If you are using the same prop you almost bound to be over revving

Quote Originally Posted by Z19RangerSteve View Post
    Hey guys-
    I just had my 2017 yamaha sho 225 tuned to a 323hp. I went from 65mph WOT to 72mph. In the two times that I did that and went back down to idle, the boat was stuck in limp mode and would only idle when putting the throttle down. I had to turn off the engine, restart, and it reset everything back to normal. I never had any sort of alarm go off. Unfortunately I was not paying attention to the RPM's at the time of WOT. Will the motor go in limp mode if you go over a certain RPM? Currently running a 25pitch. If the RPM's are too high, do I need to switch props? I have zero experience with any of this....thanks in advance for any guidance.
    I'm Jellin Have wanted to do it to my '16 for a while now... would probably go with PCM tune only, and stick with 6200 rpm limit. Hope you get it sorted out.