86 bass tracker pro 17.

Thinking about moving trolling motor batteries to the bow of the boat. Any help WOULD BE GREA
    TLY APP.

It may get more responses to your question in the Tracker Boats forum. Here is the link.

https://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=221

3. Member
    Based upon my experience with a Lowe 17' tin bass boat I would not even think about moving weight up front. Tin boats have a hard time getting the nose up and that is why they run so flat. Typically a tin boat won't run much trim at all before the dreaded porpoise starts. It is a number of factors I believe. Hull design (shape) and the fact that most tin hulls are shorter (like our 17' boats) means that the driver and passengers are seating more in the middle of the boat in order to allow a reasonable size back deck. The drive and passenger in the middle means the center of gravity in a shorter tin boat is way forward of the typical longer glass boat which makes it even harder to lift the nose. In my opinion moving the batteries up front would just make the nose heavy problem worse and hurt your overall cruise and WOT speeds. My Lowe actually runs faster with less porpoise if my live well if full because the extra weight in the back makes it easier for the engine to lift the nose of the boat which reduces the amount of hull in the water which reduces drag. I hope this helps. If you can move them up front temporarily then go for it and at least try it.