Hitch rusted in receiver

My hitch has rusted to my receiver. The hitch has been in the receiver for about 15 years. I soaked it with Blaster and banged the crap out of it but won’t budge. Any recommendations to get it out? Put some heat on it???

2. Member
    Took 15yrs. to seize ,, It's gona take some time to remove. My BIL had one it took two weeks of spraying and pecking to get it out.

3. Member
    When you say Blaster, do you mean P B Blaster ? That's good stuff , but found a product called Kroil Penetrating Oil in aerosol can works even better, but it's not the cheapest stuff either.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishshooter View Post
    When you say Blaster, do you mean P B Blaster ? That's good stuff , but found a product called Kroil Penetrating Oil in aerosol can works even better, but it's not the cheapest stuff either.
    ^^^^This, and time.^^^^
    Also, soak it down with penetrating oil and pull a trailer around with it a little bit. It will come out
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Thats why you don't leave them in

6. Member
    Not an unusual occurrence here in the salt belt. Hitch up to a stump with a tow strap, with the vehicle pointing downhill. Apply pressure while you hammer the snot out of the receiver.

7. Member
    Get the torch and try to be gentle taking it out. My brother's van had that same problem, torch it and gentle blows finally got it out.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Not an unusual occurrence here in the salt belt. Hitch up to a stump with a tow strap, with the vehicle pointing downhill. Apply pressure while you hammer the snot out of the receiver.
    Use something with no give like a chain, some straps retain energy by stretch. Wouldn't be a good thing if the hitch came out under too much tension. A couple heating and cooling cycles normally loosens them and a good size hammer finishes it. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.