Baby Minus 1 Alternative

I’m crushed, one of my favorites. What’s a good alternative?

2. Member
    Bandit Footloose,but discontinued also I believe,but I'm sure there are some of both to be bought out on the "NET"

3. Member
    Cross posted from TT! Apparently, the discontinuation of the Mann's Baby Minus 1 has some folks spooked and in search of viable alternatives.

Here are some of the top ultra-shallow diving crankbaits on the JDM side of the world if you are willing to spend the time and money to find them!

1. Megabass IxI Furious 0.5: The new wunderkind of ultra-shallow crankbaits, this is a collaborative effort between (Yuki Ito of MB fame & Katsutaka Imae from Imakatsu Lures) fantastic action and glorious colorways but not for the faint of heart due to cost!
    1. Imakatsu Gekiasa Shad: the basis and predecessor of the phenomenal new IxI Furious 0.5 and still catches fish day in and day out.

2. Imakatsu Gekiasa Shad Flat: newer flatside version of the venerable Gekiasa Shad, superb for cold water conditions!
    3. Daiwa Tiny Peanut: you'll probably need a BFS or softer ML rod to cast this gem and sadly, it's been long discontinued.
    4. OSP Tiny Blitz: suspends with a tiny bit of Zappu board weight, then it becomes a true smallmouth bass killer in cold water conditions, perhaps the best designed and built lure on this list.
    5. Evergreen Clutch Hitter 1: perhaps the best ultra-shallow crankbait in heavy cover, especially in eel grass & timber on certain stretches of Chequamegon Bay!
    6. Evergreen Combat Crank 50TG: a variant of the CH1 but with a Tungsten one-knocker style rattle, great for stained water ^^^^.
    7. Evergreen CR-2: another ultra-shallow crankbait wonder lure from EG.
    8. OSP Buzzin Crank, DaiBuzzin, and Daibuzzin Heavy Hitter: all the members of this unique (topwater crankbait" family of lures dive less than 30cm or 1 foot and the heavier weights of the Daibuzzin models (5/8oz & 19/32oz) allow for ease of casting in heavy cover situations with heavy lines.

There are a few more JDM gems I'll keep to myself, mostly because I can't find them in my storage barn anymore!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

4. Member
    I think the smaller sized Megabass ORC as well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    I think the smaller sized Megabass ORC as well.
    Yes sir! The ORC Shad works great too! Lots of JDM options out there today.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

6. Member
    Strike king hybrid hunter shallow runs 0-1'. Regular hybrid hunter runs down to 5'.

7. Member
    Shimano Macbeth 50 S