Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Check out EGO
    This ^. A friend mows her yard with an EGO and it works great. She’s had it for a couple of years, and mows the 1/2 acre yard on one charge without difficulty. Very good construction and reliable.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    No complaints with my Ryobi one. It's light, quiet, sounds like a window fan and when the grass is thick, the mower increases torque. Never had a gas mower increase torque when the grass got thick and heavy.

The only downside is if I wait too long to cut the grass or if it's wet it does drain the battery quicker.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Not for me but several people i know have them and seem happy. My backyard is a fairly steep hill and I use a lawn tractor to mow it. Would love a ZTR but the two I tried that I’ve borrowed from friends had problems with sliding when I tried cutting sideways. My lawn tractor is 14 years old and still works fine May need to replace the spindles soon though.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    The new guy across the street mows his with a battery push mower. He does half the yard, charges overnight and does the other half the next day. Our lots range between 3/4 and 2 acres. His is about 3/4 acre. They use all electric yard tools over there. If my old Honda push ever dies I'll buy an electric push for trim work around the pool. I am beginning to think the old Honda push may outlive me.

I am not sure what brand he uses but the mower and yard tools are all blue like Makita color?

A lot of lives depend on battery operated tools. We have them at work.

https://amkus.com/Products/Product-S...Powered-Rescue

I kind of like my big noisy 24 hp zero turn, makes quick work of my 1/3 acre flat lot. Heather thought I was nuts for buying it cause we don't need it but with what I'm cutting it'll last forever lol.

Ego is the only brand I would recommend as far a battery operated lawnmower. My neighbor works at Ace. He said theyv sold quite a few , and have very few, if any complaints. They’re completely capable of mowing a 1/2 acre lot on a single charge. I still use a Honda HRX mower and a JD240 to mow, but the Honda will probably be replaced with an Ego if it every dies.
    I bought an Ego ST1521S weedeater about 4 years ago. It’s every bit as sturdy, dependable, and powerful as the Stihl straight shaft trimmer it replaced. My wife has the Ego 765 blower. It get used all the time for quick clean ups. I still depend on my Stihl gas blower and my Husqvarna backpack blower for bigger, more time consuming yard work.
    The one drawback to battery operated mowers, blowers, trimmers, etc., is the eventual battery replacement. They ain’t cheap. My guess is I’ll get maybe 5 years out of them before they need replacing. Still beats the hell out of mixing gas and the maintenance required on gas yard equipment.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Kobalt 40 V

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

Do those have a service life? This is just a curious question, I remember the equipment/supplies replaced as a medic in the Air Force.

10. Member
    We have a small lot around 0.4 acres. I bought all EGO lawn equipment to replace my aging gas stuff 3 or 4 years ago. I bought the top of the line push mower, weed eater and blower. It has been nothing short of awesome, not a single hiccup out of any of it. I can mow the entire yard and still have half a battery left on the mower. For small yards, if you are willing to swing the extra coin, in my opinion, its a no brainer.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

We do too >>>>>>>> https://cardiaclife.net/aeds/cardiac...erheart-aed-g5
    They are in all our buildings here.
    Hi Mike.

12. Member
    Check out the 80 volt Kobalt at Lowes. It is a beast!

13. Member
    That would be a NO, my 24 year old MTD lawn mower works fine and will outlast me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermike48 View Post
    Check out the 80 volt Kobalt at Lowes. It is a beast!
    I have that and the snow blower. Mower came with a 5AH and snowblower came with a 6AH.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Do those have a service life? This is just a curious question, I remember the equipment/supplies replaced as a medic in the Air Force.
    Everything we use whether battery or conventionally powered in the fire service has a service life. These tools are truly a much welcomed addition. They make things a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    man,, all these super awesome battery powered machines out now that used to be all gas engines.. just think if they made battery powered cars and trucks..........

I really don't think most people are against EVs. I think most are against EVs being shoved down their throats or mandated. I also some people see an issue with an infrastructure not being sufficient in some situations. If they voice those concerns or opinions they get labeled an EV hater.

17. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Absolutely yes

I bought them for my daughters along with matching weed whackers for their smaller yards.

Bought them an extra battery too,

They love them, plenty of power, even tall grass.

And they grew up on large property that needed bush hogging and zero turns.

have a craftsman its decent would not go back to gas for .40 of an acre have 40v and sometimes I get the whole yard on one charge sometimes I dont, no big deal

19. Member
    Just bought a Stihl self propelled yesterday. Haven't used it yet.
    You can control ground speed and blade speed separately. I tried a gas self propelled.
    When I ran the motor fast enough to cut satisfactorily, the ground speed was to fast
    for me to keep up w/it.
    I bought this Electric to cut a small area that I dont want to put my zero turn on because of
    turf damage.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

20. Scraps
    I can't.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast