Question Repowering Ranger 2018 520L

I have a 2018 520L with a 2017 G2 250 on it. I am considering repowering it with either a Pro XS 250 or Yamaha SHO 250 and avoiding issues with my G2 being in the shop for an extended period waiting on parts. Comments from anyone having experience with repowering like I知 considering are appreciated, including approximate cost to do so. I知 leaning more towards the Merc at this time.
    I知 in central Florida so an in state or close proximity dealer would be better, but I知 not opposed to travel to get what I need within reason. My current engine is still in warranty, but I知 trying to avoid a long down time if I have a major issue.
    Thanks for your replies!

2. Member
    Purchased a new 250 Pro XS today in stock at a local dealer.
    What prop are you running on any 520L boats out there?
    Motor trailer support?

3. Member
    23p 3 blade fury
    23 p 4 blade fury

4. Member
    Thanks for the prop recommendation

5. Member
    What dealer did you go with?
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

6. Member
    Toho Marine had the engine in stock for a decent price. They will be selling my G2 on consignment.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Spook View Post
    I have a 2018 520L with a 2017 G2 250 on it. I am considering repowering it with either a Pro XS 250 or Yamaha SHO 250 and avoiding issues with my G2 being in the shop for an extended period waiting on parts. Comments from anyone having experience with repowering like I’m considering are appreciated, including approximate cost to do so. I’m leaning more towards the Merc at this time.
    I’m in central Florida so an in state or close proximity dealer would be better, but I’m not opposed to travel to get what I need within reason. My current engine is still in warranty, but I’m trying to avoid a long down time if I have a major issue.
    Thanks for your replies!
    I'm in this same boat, but looking to go with the SHO or the Suzuki 250SS. Only dealer is 180 miles away for the Zuki, but I hear its a beast that is bulletproof offshore motor. Just squeezing everything out of this new powerhead before making the jump. Let us know how it works out
    2017 Ranger Z520C
    250 Evinrude ETec With Marks HP Prop
    4 Garmins 7610 xsv with Live Scope
    10 foot Power Poles
    Dobyns Rods