2024 521R Power Down

I had my new 521 on the water yesterday for the 2nd time. As I was shutting down, I picked up the fob and hit the button. Nothing happened. I single pressed, double pressed, long pressed, and it still stayed on. I finally just shut the power off. Is me being a newbie or is there a problem?

2. Member
    I have experienced the same. No idea so I’ll follow along

3. Member
    1st question, does this occur with the additional FOB as well? if so, you may need to re-pair them with your unit and also, did your dealer say your Ride System is the latest one? Not sure if your boat was manufactured with the old Ride System that was recenlty recalled.
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

4. Member
    Good luck. The FOB has never powered down my boat. I have a low battery warning, FOB not in range, you name it. I wish I could offer some help, but my best advice would be to take it back to the dealer and have them replace the entire RIDE system. I’ve never experienced something as frustrating as this system. My trim gauge and fuel gauge stopped working this past weekend, so it’s going back to the shop for the 7th time. I think this boat has spent a total of 7 months in total in the shop.

5. Member
    I asked the same question on Facebook 520R and 521R owners. Most seem to think that it is a battery issue. I got new batteries yesterday. But I got home late from Illinois and went to bed. Sad part is that I had a fob in the truck glove box that I was going to bring in and rean into another issue when I got my mail. I have had the boat 3 weeks, so I would hope it has all the updates since it rolled out of the factory the first week of February. I finally got a text from the dealer yesterday saying he didn't know and call him. But being 6 hours from the boat, I held off.

6. Member
    I just purchased a 2022 leftover. Boat was not updated before I took delivery. Second dealer performed recall. They replaced ride monitor, key fobs, Sea Monster dongle, and update. Fob turns on the Ride system and the power button lights up. When shutting off with the fob only the Ride system monitor shuts off. If I touch the power/start button the Ride monitor wakes up and a second touch and the engine cranks. The only way I have found to shut off completely is to turn off the battery power. Doesn't make sense, none of the videos I've watched shutting down hasn't been covered.

7. Member
    I changed the batteries today and they both worked.