Thread: Scales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scales

Let’s talk scales. I have a Rapala touchscreen but have been debating going to the bubba pro. Anyone have any experience with them?

2. Member
    I was just about to post something about this. I dropped my rapala in the live well and the touchscreen doesn't work much at all anymore. im interested to see what everyone else uses -I see many of them are not waterproof. id like one to log my best 5

3. Member
    I’ve had a bunch of them, and I currently have the bubba non pro version (I couldn’t see using all the pro features). It’s a great scale, good user interface, much easier to not screw up culling vs the rapala touch. Only criticism is that it is very slow to lock weights, but it’s accurate so you always have a trade off.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    I have Mustad, Rapala touch screen and the new Bubba Smart scale. I sent the first Bubba one back because it wouldn't remain on zero when I turned it on, would jump around. They sent me another one and it does the same but not quite as bad. I also ordered the new lithium battery for it. I will let you decide but I will tell you the 2 Mustad's I have weigh exactly the same as the Rapala but of course doesn't have all the fancy features that I don't need fishing for bream and crappie. I haven't been fishing since I bought the Bubba's, only checked it out at home.

I’ve had the same Rapala touch scale for years now and it as always done me right and is always within a couple ounces of the weigh in scale
    Only issue I have with it is it’s hard to see the screen in the bright sunlight

I just bought the bubba pro for the app as I like to keep a log
    I’ve only been able to play with it at the house as the boat is still in storage
    It seems solid and easy to operate but I’ll know more in a couple weeks
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    I've used the Rapala, it was OK but the screen tended to get very dirty easily and hard to read. Picked up a Bubba scale but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

7. Member
    Used the Bubba since it was released and I'm impressed by it.

Have used my Bubba Pro quite a bit. It's incredibly accurate and easy to navigate and use. I feel like it might be the best I've owned.

9. Member
    Have the Berkley, Rapala and another one.............got tired of all of them and bought the Bubba. Not tired anymore.

Sounds like everyone who has them thinks it’s worth the investment. Thanks guy

11. Member
    Got the non pro for 69.00 on sale last fall, easy to use , big screen. Rapalas hate moisture.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

12. Member
    I have the Bubba, non-pro version and they work just fine. But I still find it quicker to just use my balance beam. Don't really care what they weight just want to know which one to cull.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

13. Member
    Have the bubba pro and love it so far. The app is very cool I love how the log works and it saves the gps location weather all that stuff from the catch let’s you add notes. Isn’t very hard to use would definitely recommend it!

14. Member
    The rapala with the buttons has been solid for me the last two years. That being said I am tempted to buy the bubba scale.

9/10 times tho I mess it up and end up beaming everything lol
    Fish have fins, they swim

Another Bubba product that is legit is their culling system. Great quality and easy to use non puncture clips. Love my set of them. Quality culling beam comes with it too.

16. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I love the Rapala touch screen but will be switching to Bubba next time. You shouldn't have to replace the Rapala every 3-4 years. Seems like something made for fishing and riding in boats would have a waterprroof battery compartment and be resistant to moisture.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

17. Member
    Cul M Rite was the best I ever owned. Loved those scales. They finally went out on me a couple years ago. Now I have the Bubba scales. They are pretty good also

18. Member
    Ive reallg enjoyed my non pro Bubba. I added the lithium battery and its been even better. I do find that I have to tade it everytime it comes out the locker but its been dang accurate so its worth it.

19. Member
    I use the Catch Commander. It is so simple to use and very accurate. The instructional videos on YouTube are some of the best I have ever seen. Just straight to the point with no weird music or other "fluff".
    2020 Ranger Z521C, 2019 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke
    2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
    Winona Lake, IN

I've been using a Brecknell ElectroSampson for 4 years or so. Haven't had a single problem and batteries seem to last forever. It zeroes quick and if I can keep the fish reasonably quiet, it locks in the weight quickly. I've never used a Bubba so I can't compare.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast