Question Steering issues 2017 G2 250HO

My boat is back in the shop with steering issues, stiff and slipping when steered. It did this a year ago and was just bled for air in the lines and was good until now. I wasn’t told at that time what caused it. I’m waiting to hear back from the shop(different from the last shop which basically doesn’t work on Evinrude engines anymore) on what is going on. It is warranted until 2027 and running good otherwise. I’m considering repowering before I get news that it would take a while to get parts if that’s the case.
    What is the most common reason for the hydraulic issue?
    Thanks for you responses!

2. Member
    Sorry to say there could be issues with leakage of the hydraulics. The fix can be ascomplicated as needed to replace the stern and swivel bracket. This has been discussed on this forum before and at the ETEC owners group.

3. Member
    Thanks for your reply. I’ll check out those posts

4. Member
    Last year mine was doing the same thing. The top cap was leaking a small amount of oil. They initially changed the helm and then the leak appeared. We bled it the first time and it lasted about six months. My steering would start to like pop as if it was going over relief.