Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I pruned ( delimbed) ten 6 -8 inch trees with a Milwaukee with a 16 bar today. 12 amp battery lasts the same as the tank of oil. On cordwood cutting of the tree trunks I get my Timber Wolf 60cc saw out. Just a bunch quicker on thick cuts. But the Milwaukee will do it. Cuts about like a 021 Stihl.

2. Member
    Just bought the Milwaukee pole chainsaw $229 than bought the hedger for 179 you won’t need anything else ; that chainsaw tore stuff up would never have a gas chain saw again , than use the hedger it’s easier than using the weed wicker . Battery lasts a long time

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    Stihl electrics are bad azz.
    Yeah, they are good saws. I bought the 220C last year, with an extra battery. I am off in the woods with it clearing trail quite a bit. It's very impressive what it will tackle, like 20" diameter oaks. But it's probably more than most folks would need.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    Stihl electrics are bad azz.

5. Member
    I have a Makita and it works great

6. Member
    I run the Milwaukie line and for every thing around the yard they have been working great haven't fired up my Stihl saws since last hurricane.
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040

I have an Ego chainsaw that i got since I already had an Ego blower and weedeater and I got to say I am impressed with it.

8. Member
    Kobalt 40v pole saw here. Wears me out with its runtime. Already had some Kobalt 40v battery tools so this was an easy decision. And a good one, I may add. I also got it free, but cannot remember why. Anyway, more than pleased with the performance

I like my Ego saw, but I'm invested in that platform with many other tools. If you can't piggyback on tools (batteries) that you already have, I'd look for the cheap solution at Harbor Freight/Northern Tools. Few years ago my dad picked up a Greenworks for like $60 on clearance. Worked well enough he went back and bought another one just for the battery.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

10. Member
    I’ve got a 16in bladed one from Walmart. 40 volt. I have a 40 volt lawnmower so the batteries are interchangeable. Works great.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

I've had really good luck with this saw. Use it to sink brush and it has been fantastic. Buddy has the 80v and its been rock solid as well. $100 is hard to beat...if you catch them on sale they will have deals on the batteries as well.

https://www.harborfreight.com/40v-br...iABEgJA1vD_BwE

12. Member
    I have a 40 volt Ryobi pole saw that is a beast. It's a little on the heavy side but does a great job cutting.
    Hi Mike.

13. Member
    Personally i would buy a chainsaw from companies that build chainsaws...... For me i would buy a Stihl.

My brother bought the 60v Dewalt saw a few years back and it cut good but the saw was not at all durable. He used it a handful of times and the bar clamp bolt pulled from the frame. He also had a lot of issues with the oiler clogging. It just was not a good experience given how little he used the saw. The bar always had a case of the weeble wobbles and it would throw the chain regularly. I want to point out it was not a "defective" saw, he returned two of them for the chain throwing issue. Its just cheaply built and of poor design.

He got himself a Stihl msa200, has used it a bunch more than he ever did the Dewalt and its been perfect.

I have a couple chinesium 8" hand-held 20v battey powered mini chainsaws that work awesome for anything 5" in diameter down, to pinky-sized pruning. Easy to wield with one hand, batteries last close to an hour, and same battery platform as my Makita 18v (so I can keep cutting while the 20v ones charge).

15. Member
    I have a Greenworks polesaw and it works great no complaints.

I have the dewalt and I purchased the 9AH battery. For what I do, it is perferct. I also have the battery operated pole saw, it is excellent as well. I already owned mulitple Dewalt battery operated tools, so I just stayed in the same battery ecosystem.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    I've had really good luck with this saw. Use it to sink brush and it has been fantastic. Buddy has the 80v and its been rock solid as well. $100 is hard to beat...if you catch them on sale they will have deals on the batteries as well.

https://www.harborfreight.com/40v-br...iABEgJA1vD_BwE
    I’m wanting one to do the same thing.

18. Member
    Sun Jo…..you wouldn’t believe how those things cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Bought a Stihl MSA60C 12" bar this last fall. I was shocked how much of a workhorse it is. Paid $279. Long run times. Lightest weight in the Stihl battery operated line. I highly recommend it.
    Sorry, wrong model. I bought the MSA140C.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

20. Member
    Ego chainsaw, weedeater, mower, hedge trimmer
    Never any issues and work well on our 8 acres!
    ​WHY ASK WHY?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast