Recommendation on shipping a boat from Texas to Indiana

Has anyone shipped a boat before? Who did you use? Tips or lessons learned?

2. Member
    I live in Michigan and got my boat from Texas but I just drove down and got it.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

3. Member
    I live in Connecticut and bought mine in Missouri. I drove there and towed it back as well.

If you absolutely don't want to drive there, I would try U ship.

I'd create an account on "uship" and let various carriers provide quotes and terms for you. It's free, no harm in checking it out. I've used them for vehicles before with no issues.

Read the fine print on the Uship site

They don’t cover minor comedic damage
    You may have to pay up to $1000 to file a claim
    You have to buy Uship insurance even though they say the item is covered under the carriers insurance
    And it goes on from there

I was going to ship a motor with them and after reading all that I took it there myself
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    No help here but I must ask the boats opinion.....Texas to Indiana - if you were a boat which would you chose ?

P.S. this coming from a former Hoosier.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

I would make the drive unless it is not an option. Recently drove Philly ‘burbs to Morgantown WV, to pick up my wingman, then to Alabama to get boat, then reversed the trip. Good BS session along the way.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    What part of Texas is the boat located in?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    I would make the drive unless it is not an option. Recently drove Philly ‘burbs to Morgantown WV, to pick up my wingman, then to Alabama to get boat, then reversed the trip. Good BS session along the way.
    I hear ya and I'm not really wanting to drive. 30 hours round trip sounds dreadful.

10. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Had my boat shipped from Waco Tx to northern MA. Had a BBC member go an look the boat over and meet with the owner. On the way north, the shipper called me and said someone squeezed him and damaged the stainless fender and to get a quote for a new one. Don’t remember what the amoun was but told the shipper we’ll split it and not go through his insurance. Shit happens. He wrote me a check for half the fender estimate and on his way they went. I appreciated him calling me and not just showing up saying that’s the way it was when it left. This was also 8 years ago and think I paid $1500 from Waco to Ma.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

11. Member
    Uship. The reviews on that site are fairly accurate and sort of give you a really good sense of the professionalism of the driver.

Just don't list your actual text or phone number until you reach an agreement with a shipper. You will get incessant automated texts from some shippers.

I checked uship for a trailer delivery (haul behind) from TX to FL and got quotes anywhere from $1200 to over 2K. I was suprised at the range in price differences, tbh.

13. Member
    I have used u-ship for two boats over the years. My experience was always good with them.

14. Member
    Uship 4 less In Florida absolutely sucks , don’t use them