Thread: Tx Rig/Jig Rod

Tx Rig/Jig Rod

Looking for some tips on replacing an old original carbonlite 7’MHF rod that I use for small jigs and tx rigs for smallmouth on clear northern lakes. I have been looking at the Dobyns 703c and Cashion Element 7’ or 7’3’ MHF. I need to stay under $130 and looking for some suggestions and tips. I can’t find much info on the Cashion but like the fact that it’s US made.
    2021 Vexus AVX 181, Mercury 60CT 4S, MK Ultrex, HB Helix 7 MSI and MDI

2. Member
    Fenwick Elite Bass 7'0" MHF on sale at a large well known retailer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos92 View Post
    Looking for some tips on replacing an old original carbonlite 7’MHF rod that I use for small jigs and tx rigs for smallmouth on clear northern lakes. I have been looking at the Dobyns 703c and Cashion Element 7’ or 7’3’ MHF. I need to stay under $130 and looking for some suggestions and tips. I can’t find much info on the Cashion but like the fact that it’s US made.
    You could also go longer, the dobyns 733c is very good. I assume you're looking at the fury series for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by blzngmarine View Post
    You could also go longer, the dobyns 733c is very good. I assume you're looking at the fury series for that price.
    Yes. Looking for a versatile rod in that price range of $130 and under.
    2021 Vexus AVX 181, Mercury 60CT 4S, MK Ultrex, HB Helix 7 MSI and MDI

5. Member
    Some retailers are still closing out the "old" St. Croix Mojo series rods - you can find them at BPS for $119.

6. Member
    I would look for a deal on a nice used rod for that sort of money. With inflation and today’s economic mess rod prices have soared greatly. Even in house brand rods like BPS, Cabelas and Scheels are high. I am not familiar with the new rod segment at that price point but I sold a classic Loomis IMX MBR 844 for $120 ans picked up a classic Loomis BCR GLX 803 for $160. Both obviously used rods but were had for around your budget and are excellent bottom contact rods. You should be able to find $200-250 rods for around $130ish online or local swap and sell groups. For new look a Phoenix Feather if you can find one on sale. Their power ratings are a little lighter than most so perhaps consider stepping up a half or full power from what you are used to. They are light rods and nicely built for the $

7. Member
    Two words, Falcon Lowrider....that's all you need to know.

8. Member
    I agree with kickerfish. You want as light and sensitive of a rod for your jig/texas rig rod and there's plenty of nice, used rods always being sold on BBC. Just wait until one is available in your price range.