Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MARCH MADNESS.....Who gets into it?

I will have to admit that I do not watch much basketball at all unless my team (OSU) is winning or it's time for the playoffs. But, as much as like sports, I will have to say that March Madness is my very favorite event in all of sports. it's fixing to start very soon. Lots to watch with Conf tourneys this weekend, and then selection Sunday happens on March 17th. First four starts on March 19th and then it all begins on March 21st. Can't wait! Now, the bassmasters classic will interrupt some of the watching but that's prolly it....
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

2. Member
    Best month of sports!

3. Member
    Never have been a fan of basketball… only time I really followed March madness is when I used to work out at the gym and they had it on tv at the treadmills.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    I will have to admit that I do not watch much basketball at all unless my team (OSU) is winning or it's time for the playoffs. But, as much as like sports, I will have to say that March Madness is my very favorite event in all of sports. it's fixing to start very soon. Lots to watch with Conf tourneys this weekend, and then selection Sunday happens on March 17th. First four starts on March 19th and then it all begins on March 21st. Can't wait! Now, the bassmasters classic will interrupt some of the watching but that's prolly it....
    About the only sport i love and yes looking forward to my CATS marching through March: praying: plus, my Iowa women's program with CC kicking some butts!!

Man it used to be a major deal !! Big basketball family here…high school coaches in the family, we played ball in high school, couple of uncles payed collage basketball and baseball. Dean Smith and one of my uncles were friends…so Carolina basketball “was” a big deal to us. So when Roy Williams said “me and my players will decide what we’ll do about the national anthem as a team” I was done with it. Turned away from all sports at that time as well as NASCAR when they went in the same basic direction and have never looked back. For the fans that are still head over hills for it…I get it. For the life of me I just can’t support disrespect for our country period. We have too many folded flags in our family for that.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Man it used to be a major deal !! Big basketball family here…high school coaches in the family, we played ball in high school, couple of uncles payed collage basketball and baseball. Dean Smith and one of my uncles were friends…so Carolina basketball “was” a big deal to us. So when Roy Williams said “me and my players will decide what we’ll do about the national anthem as a team” I was done with it. Turned away from all sports at that time as well as NASCAR when they went in the same basic direction and have never looked back. For the fans that are still head over hills for it…I get it. For the life of me I just can’t support disrespect for our country period. We have too many folded flags in our family for that.
    Right there with you on this one, i still will not watch feetball and a few teams who was pushing that crap, i even stayed away from Ky basketball for a while, to this day i haven't figured out why they thought this had to be done!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Both my alma maters (Purdue, ISU) have good teams this year I expect to be disappointed.

8. Member
    I played high school basketball in the late 70's. The style of play has changed so much from a finesse game to much more physical game, I just don't enjoy watching it anymore. Certainly not the NBA, but college is hard to look at as well.

That being said, I'll have to peek in some to see if my UH Coogs do any good. Eat'em Up!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Best month of sports!
    Absolutely! And can you believe they are talking about changing it??? LEAVE IT ALONE

10. Member
    My wife bleeds Carolina blue, so by default I am all in.

11. Member
    Should be an interesting tournament no team looks too good to beat I'm expecting a lot of upsets and bracket busters.
    Bass Boat