Active target 2 knob came off

While fishing one of the at2 transducer mounting knobs for trolling motor shaft mount came off. Not sure why because I tightened real well before the tournament. Been on the phone with Lowrance for couple hours today and they can not sell or supply me a knob or two. Will need the serial number (my boat is stored 2 hours away) and will send me a new shaft mounting kit which would include the knobs. I am sure I am not the first this has happened to. Have you all found another knob type or style that will work? When I do locate a replacement knob, have any of you used loctite to keep them from loosening and coming all the way out? I appreciate your help and ideas.

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I went to the fish obsessed mount and no longer have to tighten knobs on my AT as a ritual everytime I fish. You can grab a couple spare knobs off Amazon as well to have them in the boat. Search for Lowrance Gimbal Knob

3. Member
    +1 on the fish obsessed. Stock Lowrance mount is trash
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

4. Member
    Thanks everyone. The fish obsessed mount is out of stock. Amy other dealers carry them?

5. Member
    Does anyone know the size of the knob? There appear to be m6 and m8 as well as different lengths to choose from My boat is couple hours away in storage or I could just run over and check real quick. Thanks

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    • M6 x1.0 threads

7. Member
    Thank you!!

8. Member
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

9. Member
    Thank you Ed. I am sure that’s what happened and why mine came off in the lake. I don’t recall the rubber washer ever being installed (I had a company in Texarkana install my active target 2) and I tightened it right before my fishing trip when it came off.