Thread: EVGO

EVGO

I know that the EV market as a whole is slowing down, but they reported a great 4 qt and full 2023 with excellent growth with nearly triple the customer accounts.
    I have been accumulating for a while and in no hurry bail out.
    Does anyone own them? or any opinion on them?
    Thank you much,
    Frank

2. Member
    I owned it for a brief period a few years ago but no longer in there.

3. Member
    Nitro
    I bought them a couple of yrs and been accumulating to couple K. They have shown good quarters and great improvements yr to yr, so I am thinking of adding more.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    My opinion is that the whole EV sector is out of favor for investors. And there's alot of uncertainty with policies come November.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    My opinion is that the whole EV sector is out of favor for investors. And there's alot of uncertainty with policies come November.
    You are right that the EV sector is currently in a downturn, but I believe that they are here to stay, so it will be interesting what policies will be come November with all the turmoil in DC.

6. Member
    My research shows EVGO has bad ratings and analysts opinions. Not the best Financials either. I bet the biggest EV players will be GM, Ford etc. Other than Tesla. I toyed w buying RIVN when their shares tanked on earnings but thought better of it. Although they may get bought out like boneil said.

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    You are right that the EV sector is currently in a downturn, but I believe that they are here to stay, so it will be interesting what policies will be come November with all the turmoil in DC.

I also believe they are here to stay but I'm not sure that matters. How much profit will a charger company make when you have the likes of Tesla deploying Superchargers. I'm not familiar with EVGO and their business strategy but what sets them apart from a Tesla Supercharger? Is it better than a Tesla super charger? I've never used an EVGO charger but I have used Teslas SC and I can't imagine anything being better than a Tesla SC other than my own home. I just pull in and plug in and unplug when I'm done, and Tesla charges the credit card on file. I don't even open an App when I pull in, the car does all that automatically. And nearly every auto manufacturer is adopting Tesla's NACS charging cable.

I'm just saying make sure you have an understanding of EVGO's plan and what they're up against.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    60 Minutes had a story on the weight of the new vehicles weight and the steel guard rails on highways being too weak. The two vehicles they were using were electric. It left me wondering if the government has to replace all of the steel guard rails in the US, how will that affect the sales of EV’s? Has anyone compared the weights of a EV to Gas vehicles? Where are the batteries located in a EV?

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The best selling car in the world is the Tesla Model Y, it weighs 4100 to 4,400 lbs. The number one selling truck in the US is the Ford F150 weighs 4200 to 5700 lbs. I'm not gonna look up the weight of a big rig, but I'm gonna guess they're heavier.
    Thanos was the hero

What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I also believe they are here to stay but I'm not sure that matters. How much profit will a charger company make when you have the likes of Tesla deploying Superchargers. I'm not familiar with EVGO and their business strategy but what sets them apart from a Tesla Supercharger? Is it better than a Tesla super charger? I've never used an EVGO charger but I have used Teslas SC and I can't imagine anything being better than a Tesla SC other than my own home. I just pull in and plug in and unplug when I'm done, and Tesla charges the credit card on file. I don't even open an App when I pull in, the car does all that automatically. And nearly every auto manufacturer is adopting Tesla's NACS charging cable.

I'm just saying make sure you have an understanding of EVGO's plan and what they're up against.
    I am glad you mentioned the Tesla supercharges, since EVGO has some type of an agreement with them through GM, which owns a large % of EVGO.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    60 Minutes had a story on the weight of the new vehicles weight and the steel guard rails on highways being too weak. The two vehicles they were using were electric. It left me wondering if the government has to replace all of the steel guard rails in the US, how will that affect the sales of EV’s? Has anyone compared the weights of a EV to Gas vehicles? Where are the batteries located in a EV?
    I happened to catch some of that, and one of the vehicles used was the Hummer, which I believe it's unfair to the barrier since that truck weighs nearly 11K pounds if you get the 4 motors one. Most good size EVs are about 6K+ pounds.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I happened to catch some of that, and one of the vehicles used was the Hummer, which I believe it's unfair to the barrier since that truck weighs nearly 11K pounds if you get the 4 motors one. Most good size EVs are about 6K+ pounds.
    This sucker’s heavy, too. The Lightning weighs 6,500 pounds—more than 35 percent more than the gas-powered model. That’s in large part because of an immovable weight at its core: an 1,800-pound battery. Part of that is just the nature of electric vehicles: The Tesla Model 3 weighs 1,000 pounds more than a Honda Civic. The more luxurious Tesla Model S weighs 1,200 pounds more than a Lexus ES 350.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    This sucker’s heavy, too. The Lightning weighs 6,500 pounds—more than 35 percent more than the gas-powered model. That’s in large part because of an immovable weight at its core: an 1,800-pound battery. Part of that is just the nature of electric vehicles: The Tesla Model 3 weighs 1,000 pounds more than a Honda Civic. The more luxurious Tesla Model S weighs 1,200 pounds more than a Lexus ES 350.
    I think the standard F-150 Super Crew cab configuration weighs just over 5,000 lbs.