Anyone have a Seviin spinning reel?

Just saw a couple of videos, wondering if anyone used them yet.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    I haven't used any spinning yet, but the reviews have been very positive. I will say that I spent a week on Guntersville last week with 2 GF bait casters and was very impressed. I was skeptical at first because I usually go more for the $200 ish price points reels, but I might actually prefer them over my tatulas at this point; only time will tell. Very smooth and cast a mile. Throwing lipless and chatterbaits on the 2 rods I had them on. The spinning reels come in at a higher price point and I would expect them to be pretty impressive as well. Might pick up a couple spinning, 1 for a crappie rod and another for bass fishing. from my experience with the baits casters I think you'll be happy.

3. Member
    It's your money and decision but I'd be leery of the Seviin reels and any related claims from their parent company, as the horse was truly beaten to death and beyond the pale by the TT folks in this thread regarding these reels: St Croix Seviin reels - TackleTour
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"