RC2 and Helix 4GN

Sorry for simple question but search doesn't work for RC2, says it's too common of a phrase lol..

Does the RC2 remote work with the Helix 4GN without any extra cabling, dongle, or BT module, etc? I would assume so since 4GN has BT built in, but have found with HB there seems to "always be an adapter needed" lol... Online manual shows it with wiring and dongle hanging of com port, but I think it was written pre-4NG...

No, read the FEATURES section for that accessory:

RC 2 - Bluetooth Remote Control - Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)

The RC-1 came with the Bluetooth dongle for pre-Bluetooth units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

No as in it doesnt' require any dongle/cabling, or no it doesn't work with the G4N at all? The features page says G2N and G3N, but I just assumed that was written beore the G4N was available. But I guess it actually means it does not work at all with the G4N?

Do you see the Wireless Remote listed in Accessories so it can be paired?

A G3N has it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Do you see the Wireless Remote listed in Accessories so it can be paired?

A G3N has it.

I do not see any Accessories listing under the link you posted above? I clicked on each tab and do not find a section for accessories?

I see this in the RC2 description: "Take wireless control of your Humminbird Bluetooth HELIX unit"

Since the G4N has bluetooth, one would assume it would work with it based on the description.

But then I see: "Compatible with SOLIX G1 and G2 along with HELIX G2N and G3N only"

which would exclude the G4N (and Solix G3). So I wondered if it was just a "the description written before the G4N was introduced..." kind of thing since the RC-2 has been around for some time, or if it's actually not compatable with the G4N. I can't even find a page for the G3N on the hb site...

I assure you I am not trying to be difficult or dense, but I still do not understand if the RC-2 can or cannot be used with the Helix G4N. And if it can, whether a dongle is required (one would think not since the G4N has bluetooth built in).

It cannot be paired with a G4N since it is not listed in the Accessory menu.

This is a G3N that has it listed:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Humminbird has dropped support for the RC1 and RC2 remotes on all Solix, all Apex, and the Helix G4. I loved that little remote and definitely miss it.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Humminbird has dropped support for the RC1 and RC2 remotes on all Solix, all Apex, and the Helix G4. I loved that little remote and definitely miss it.
    Yeah, seems like it would be a great addition since no touch screen for quick adjustments whether to range, or switching screens, etc. I suspect HB has some menu shortcuts available though similar to my Lowrance units, I just need to learn them. I'm sure Wayne is frustrated with me lol, I just wasn't getting it :).